CH. 14 Inspiration

*The video above is fan-made by YouTube creator Sanders Waals, not me. I don't own the rights to this video!

Three Years Later

The chapel bell rang; birds sang merrily high and low; white laces and colorful banners hung above on the railings in Casita and nearly the residences in all Encanto, and Isa's flowers bloomed all over the place.

Today's probably the most incredible day in your life thus far: Dolores's wedding day with Mr. Mariano.

They've planned so much for their wedding after three years of romantic relationship and deepened understandings with each other. And you were sure Mr. Mariano was about to marry someone this time.

Bustling in and out, all the Madrigals were busy getting ready for the ceremony from yesterday, and you were positive that even though no one got a good night's sleep, you were all very content with the active preparation.

People started to fill in Casita at ten in the morning, though the time on the invitation specifically said to begin at noon sharp in the afternoon.

''No, you'll be fine.'' You heard. Tia Julieta was helping Dolores to dress up for her wedding gown while Tia Pepa was there to groom her daughter's hair and make-up.

''No! Maybe she's right! What if Mariano abandons mi Hija and retreats to the wedding?'' exclaimed Tia Pepa, as you saw a cloud of grey forming above Dolores's door.

You knocked on the door, stepping inside to announce the preparation schedule so far. ''That- won't happen. Because Mr. Mariano is already downstairs with Tio Felix and Tio Agustin.''

''I've heard, (Y/N),'' sighed Dolores, faking a smile. ''I'm just nervous.''

''Don't worry, Dolly. Mr. Mariano treats you like a princesa every time he sees you.'' You reassured, ''I'm sure you heard this every day too.''

Your words seemed to calm the bride, but mostly Tia Pepa, since the clouds on her head were replaced by a beautiful arched rainbow.

''You look very nice today, (Y/N),'' acclaimed Tia Julieta, while Tia Pepa nodded her head vigorously as an approval.

You smiled, knowing your decision to put extra effort into dressing up had paid off.

Dolores told you to wear something new for her ceremony because you had already worn too many of hers and Isa's old outfits on various occasions. She offered to buy you a new white cloth to design the dress herself for you; it was hard work, but she assured you it was alright as long as you'd wear it on her wedding day.

That is to say that you were wearing a long-sleeved tulle on the top with some well-designed flowers to embellish the clothes and an elegant milk tea color paneled skirt, hair braided in a small bun with cute little sunflower hair accessories on it.

''Of course, it's handmade by Dolores. The garments are incredibly gorgeous.''

Tia Pepa hugged you, squeezing your shoulder as she replied, ''No, mi Chula. We meant your look today; Camilo will be thrilled to see you wearing this! You're almost like the bride herself!''

Her direct comment made you blush madly. Finding an excuse to leave them, you quickly walked back downstairs to greet the guests.

That's when you caught your gaze on a girl dressed in a bright flowery yellow dress; it was Camila, the girl who lived near the chapel.

You watched the girl fastening her eyes in a direction, drooling over the person she was looking at, not even noticing your presence was pretty close to her.