33 - Lumberjack

As she headed out the door she sent the clip she recorded to Sebastian, who responded almost immediately.

Right after she got to the car, she called him and he picked up on the first ring

"Hey mama, how'd everything go?"

"Good. Really good. Baby's cooking perfect," she giggled at her own joke.

"Good, I'm glad." Sebastian almost sighed in relief. He didn't expect anything to be wrong, but he still always worried.

Rylee left the parking lot as they continued talking, "So, how are you?"

Sebastian just sighed at that, "Okay. I just want to be home. I miss you. I miss the peanut..."

Rylee felt a sad smile fall across her face, "We miss you too. But you'll be back soon enough. Snow can't last forever."

"Yeah...it's supposed to let up this afternoon. So if I'm lucky I'll be on a plane by five."

"Well that's good...just..like I said, be safe. Even here, the snows getting kind of yucky in places."

"That was another thing. New York is apparently supposed to get pummeled with snow on Sunday. So I'd much rather be stuck at home than out here."

"Oh really? Should I be like...hoarding supplies and fighting off little old ladies at the store right now?" Rylee replied with a chuckle. She stopped at a red light and watched a woman and two young children walk the crosswalk in front of her.

"I'd say no, but it is supposed to get pretty rough."

"I'll stop at the store on my way home just in case."

"Sounds goo- ugh. Emily's calling me. I'll just let it go to vo-"

"No, no, no. Answer her. It's fine. I'll be at the store in a few minutes anyway." The light changed to green and she slowly made her way through and on her way, turning at the next intersection to head to the store instead of towards home.

"Alright..I love you. I'll let you know when I'm heading home."

"Sounds good, love you, bye."

——————————

Soon, Rylee had pulled up to a small grocery store in their neighborhood. She was thankful she was wearing a thick coat, not only for the cold and biting wind but also to hide her stomach. She was starting to get to the point now where her shirts were tighter.

She could get away with a little more if she wore one of Sebastian's shirts or hoodies. She'd probably have to start doing that soon if she didn't want to have to buy a whole new wardrobe.

She walked inside and grabbed a shopping basket and started strolling quickly up and down the aisles, occasionally grabbing some items along the way.

It seemed like everyone and their mother was at the store today. It made sense because of the weather coming up, but Rylee was still surprised by the sheer amount of people around.