Part 5

Taishiro kept his eyes on the sink as he finished washing the remaining mug and set it on the dish rack. Lost in thought, he hadn't realized (Y/n) was speaking to him.

Placing a hand on his forearm she pushes her head over the counter to see his face "Tai? Are you feeling okay? Maybe you should go lie back down..."

Startled by her sudden appearance, he takes a step back as his eyes dart to hers. "N-no! I'm fine...I just..."

Thoughts rushed through his mind as he looked over her face and tried to think of something to say. What he heard her tell Eijiro was all he could think of and he was finding it harder and harder to not fall apart.

"I'm sorry, (y/n)...excuse me..." Taishiro rushes out of the kitchen and heads towards his room.

Before reaching the door to his room, he hears Tamaki's voice from behind him "Fat Gum, Sir? Is something wrong?"

Keeping his eyes on the door, Taishiro lets out a sigh. He was fighting back tears but he knew Tamaki wouldn't let him go if he had already sensed that something was amiss.

"Amajiki..." Taishiro slightly turns his head, meeting Tamaki's eyes. "You...wouldn't happen to have been here last night? Were you?"

"I-..." A confused look washes over Tamaki's face. "I was. Kirishima and I both decided to stay the night and head back this evening instead." The look on his face twisted into concern. "Did something happen?! You look upset..."

"...perhaps we should talk about this somewhere private." Taishiro pulls away from the door, not wanting to invite Tamaki into what he assumed to be a crime scene "Lets head to the roof, we shouldn't be bothered there" Taishiro leads Tamaki to the elevator, which they take to the top floor and head to the stairwell that goes to the rooftop.

Tamaki felt uneasy by the silence, since leaving Taishiro's door. Taishiro was never this quiet and Tamaki was starting to grow more and more concerned as Taishiro remained silent on their way to the roof.

As they reached the roof, Taishiro stood, gazing over the buildings ahead of them. "Amajiki..." Taishiro's voice cracked a little as he spoke. Clearing his throat, he grabbed at his chest, looking down to the ground. "I think...I might've...done something wrong last night..."

"Wrong? How?" Tamaki kept his eyes trained on Taishiro's form as it started to tremble.

"I'm not sure..." Taishiro shook his head "I had a few too many, last night...and I woke up here without any recollection of what happened between drinking and waking up..."

"What makes you think you did something bad?" Tamaki remains focused on Taishiro as he builds up the courage to turn around and face him.

"I overheard (Y/n) and Kirishima talking in the hall..." Taishiro's eyes quickly dart away "...she said something about me doing something last night when she brought me here and not wanting me to know about it because I would beat myself up. Now it's all I can think about..."

"Then maybe you should talk to her about it...?" Tamaki freezes as Taishiro's widened eyes dart back to his. "I-I...I only m-meant...you feel bad already and you don't even know what happened. M-maybe if you found out what really happened...y-you could figure out what you should do next..."

Taishiro's body stopped trembling as he realized what needed to be done. "You're right, Amajiki..." Taishiro starts walking towards Tamaki as he now trained his eyes on the ground. "I'll never be able to let this go if I don't find out what really happened and make it up to her. If I did hurt her, like I fear, I'll make sure I atone for it..."

"Atone?" Tamaki peeks up as Taishiro pats him on the shoulder before walking towards the stairwell.

Taishiro speaks over his shoulder as he continues to walk away "I'll turn myself in..."