28. Resistance is a no

Halfway through the day. School goes by fast when you're not really paying attention. Not that he was doing anything exciting. Besides listening to Camilla have a conversation with herself again though it was with him.

At first she was curious about his exit from the cafeteria. Don't blame her. He left like the flash. And his shifting was moving like the flash. Not as fast though. He stopped his wolf with magic again. A little more magic this time but it wasn't much.

Then she switched the subject.

She seemed to really be caught up in cheer. He doesn't know why she has to get rid of her happiness to make someone else happy. Especially when your friend isn't really the friend you say they are.

He has Camilla four periods on A days as he said before but he has her five periods on B days because they have the same exact schedule after lunch. They didn't see each other for second period which was quite a bummer because he liked hearing her talk about her life.

She's an open book. Literally. Though instead of hearing her talk, he was in a class with Cèsar. Both him and his wolf can agree that they don't like him.

"Why aren't you eating?" Camilla asked him as she came and sat down at the end of the empty table with him. "Not hungry" He admitted.

She turned to face him and her mouth was wide open with a smile forming. She was surprised, in shock and excited. "I never said I couldn't talk" He reminded her.

"I know you can talk. We had a conversation the first day, remember. It's just you've probably said six words since then. No not probably, you have".

Thinking for a moment, he went back into last week to see if she was correct. And she was. It's crazy she pays that much attention.

"Camilla" They looked up to see a girl standing there in between them. "Kylie?" She asked back. Kylie. She doesn't look like a Kylie. "Juliana wants you" She nudged her head to Juliana and a few friends standing a few yards away against a wall.

Camilla rolled her eyes and put her hand on her forehead. She didn't want to go and it was evident. "Ryan I'm sorry I have to see what the witch wants. I'll see you in class if I'm not back before lunch is over" She informed him.

Nodding his head in understanding, she grabbed her backpack and jacket and got up out of the seat carrying her tray. Kylie wrapped her arm around Camilla's neck and they walked off.

"Girl, how did you score that?" He heard Kylie. "I'm not scoring anything. He's a cool guy, Kylie. We're just getting to know each other as friends" She shortly explained. He agrees.

"Good because Juliana has already claimed him and I certainly don't want to get into a girl fight over a guy".

Don't you have to get the guy to claim him? He's not anyone's property. What makes Juliana think he wants her? They've encountered each other three times last week. Once in the hallway and twice in two different classes where they were paired and in a group.

He sees how she interacts with guys and she believes jealousy is the way to get a guy's attention. He has no interest in her so she's wasting her time.

Soon their voices were absent.

He was now sitting there at an empty table with a worksheet in front of him. Despite the cafeteria being everything but silence, it seemed silent to him. He was able to tune the noise out since he had something to focus on.

"What are you doing there?" Ava came out of nowhere and was now standing behind him. Gio left the school, of course no one knows, but he had a different diet for lunch.