27. Paper Rings

Aerin suddenly had an idea.

"Wait here for me" she said and ran to the aisle where she put her previous book that she had read.

She took the book and ran back to where Jake was.

She tore the last page, where the guy in the story promised to stay by the girl's side.

Jake was surprised to see her tear it.

"Whoa, you're worse than me. You're basically giving other readers a cliffhanger, or worse, a bad ending" he chuckled.

"Well not my problem" she rolled her eyes and folded the paper.

She too, knew how to fold heart shaped paper rings. After folding it, she took his hand and slid it onto his ring fingers.

"Now we're a match" she waved her fingers.

"This is... cute," Jake grinned, smiling at the paper ring.

"Come on, it's getting late. Let's head home" she held out her hand. Jake looks at her and then the paper rings.

He held her hand and intertwined their hands together. 

"Okay, let's go," he nodded.

Aerin put back the book and they both slowly walked out of the library.

"Thank you for today Jake. I love the date" she said sincerely.

"I love it too," he said, tightening his grips.

As usual, they got on the bike and headed home. Two hearts were racing and they felt the happiest they have been.

-

When they reached home, it was already 7.

"Hello~" Jake opened the front door for Aerin.

They didn't see the guys or Hanee anywhere.

'they're probably in their rooms' Aerin sighed.

"Aerin, rest well. Thank you for the wonderful time" Jake pulled her into a hug.

"I promise you, that was the happiest time of my life" he caressed her head.

Aerin hugged him back and rested her head on his chest.

"Me too, thank you for making my dream date come true" she smiled. He broke the hug and smiled.

She waved and as she walked up the stairs. Even though they live in the same house, she already misses him.

She entered her room and closed the door. She then switched on the light and almost screamed when she saw Hanee waiting for her with a big grin on her face.

"Hanee! You scared me!" she sighed, touching her chest.

"Did you have fun?" Hanee tilted her head, excited to find out how the date went.

Aerin was about to answer when she heard a scream. Sounds like Jake.

"Heeseung probably scared him too," Hanee giggled. Aerin shook her head and sat beside her.

"You two are so weird that you're perfect for each other." Aerin mumbled.

"So? How was it??" Hanee's eyes lit up.

Aerin suddenly blushed. She showed her the paper ring Jake made for her.

"I think I'm starting to fall for him. Deeper" she said, looking at the ring.

Hanee got excited.

"Omg! Paper rings? That's so cute!! That means he likes you, right?? Are you guys finally going out?" Hanee asked.