"Let's go! One, two, three!" Cheong-san yelled as him and Su-hyeok pushed several zombies back down the stairs.

On-jo slammed open the door and ran out as we quickly followed.

I felt Su-hyeok and Cheong-san close behind me as the others started yelling.

"LOOK A CHOPPER!"

"OVER HERE!"

But the helicopter flew away as the others waved their arms.

I jogged over to them and waved my arms too.

"HEY!" I yelled, trying to make my voice louder than the helicopter whirring, which sadly was impossible.

As we all shouted, I saw Cheong-san hold the door shut as the chopper flew away further.

As the others continued shouting, I sank to my knees and felt sadness overwhelming me.

They wouldn't see us.

They wouldn't save us.

I buried my head in my hands, knowing that this could have been our only escape.

What should we do know.

"FUCK!" I yelled while tearing up.

The others started crying.

I felt arms wrap around me and I could make out Su-hyeok's sad face through my tears.

He didn't say anything and just held me as I cried.

Suddenly someone started banging on the door, that Cheong-san had successfully locked.

Wiping my eyes, I felt Su-hyeok gently pull me back up with him as we stared at the door.

As Cheong-san placed his hand on the door, Su-hyeok pulled me with him as we went towards Cheong-san.

Su-hyeok stopped next to Wu-jin, but I went even closer to stand next to Cheong-san.

Then it suddenly stopped.

"He's gone" Nam-ra whispered.

"What the actual fuck?" Dae-su asked himself.

"Who's gone?" I heard Su-hyeok ask as I turned to the others, away from the door.

"Gwi-nam" Nam-ra answered.

"It's his smell" She continued.

"I hear his breathing"

I placed my hand on Cheong-san's shoulder, trying to calm him down a bit.

"What does Gwi-nam want from us?" I asked Cheong-san quietly.

"I don't know, but whatever it is, it can't be good"

***

I was looking at the woods next to the school with Su-hyeok, as Cheong-san approached the two of us.

"What happened? Didn't Gwi-nam fall from the fourth floor?" He asked Su-hyeok.

I was curious as well, so I also turned my head to the tall male beside me.

"Yeah. I threw him off"

"So how did he manage to survive?"

Su-hyeok sighed.

"Maybe he doesn't die. He comes back to life."

"He's not a human or a zombie." I stated.

"Wait. Do you two remember that girl in the teachers' office?"

I thought back and yes, I remembered seeing Eun-ji there, smashing phones.

"Yeah, she was weird" Su-hyeok said.

"I think she's called Eun-ji" I told them.

"He's like her, isn't he?" Cheong-san asked.

I nodded.

"You could be right"

"Maybe Nam-ra is the same."

I looked at Nam-ra, as Su-hyeok did so too.

"She'll be okay" Su-hyeok said, nodding.

"You can't guarantee that'll happen" Cheong-san said, worrying.

"We can't guarantee anything right now, can we?" I asked the other two.

"We don't even know if we're gonna live" My voice started shaking a bit as the two boys looked down at me.

"Come on." Su-hyeok grabbed my hand softly as he smiled at me.

"Let's go make the SOS sign" 

He also looked up at Cheong-san again.

"You too" He smirked.

Then he pulled me to the others to make the SOS sign.

"Is your foot a bit better?" He asked as we walked.

"Yeah a bit" I whispered.

We then proceeded to help the others, who were already searching for good material.

Constantly I heard Dae-su ask the same question, if what he had was good material for the sign, while holding up different things.

"Grab anything big and colorful" Wu-jin instructed.

"Joon-yeong, go look up there" Wu-jin told the boy.

I grabbed a long piece of wood as Joon-yeong climbed up a ladder to a higher area of the roof.

"Careful!" Hyo-ryeong reminded him.

***

After a while of having Joon-yeong instruct us on how to make the SOS better, we were finally coming to an end.

Joon-yeong climbed back down to us as Dae-su ushered us to him.

"We did good, guys. Look"

"Yeah, well, there's no way anyone can miss that" Joon-yeong said.

"Right?" Dae-su asked.

"We really did do a good job" Wu-jin stated, proud of himself.

"It's a little crooked though" Hyo-ryeong sighed.

End of Chapter 23

Hope you like the story so far :)

~Brianna