˗ˏ𝟬𝟳➶˚. 𝐊𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐩𝐢𝐧 *ೃ・゚

⋆◦⋅𝟸𝟶𝟸𝟺⋅◦⋆

◂ ❚ ⊱ꕥ⊰ ❚ ▸

"Dance," Grills held up a piece of dog treat and Lucky followed his instruction.

"Oh!" Clint and Kate cheered along with the man

"Good job, buddy,"

"Wait. I wanna try," Kate picked up a treat eagerly

"You're amazing," Clint complimented the man.

Grills nodded modestly, glancing at Kate, "Here, you try it,"

"All right. Dance," Kate instructed Lucky, but he only whined in reply, "No, dance," she tried again, but in vain, "You made it look so easy and cool!" she directed at Grills.

"Yeah, Grills is cool," Kate emphasized when Clint gave her a weird look, carrying on and facing the man, "You can cook, you can LARP, you can put out fires,"

"Ah. Stop it," he shook his head at her.

Kate felt her phone buzz in her pocket and pulled it out, tapping the new notification that had popped up. It was a message from you.

Immediately, her delighted expression faded into one that of horror as she stared at her phone at a loss of words, merely blinking.

"What is it?" Clint questioned, worried at her shift of mood, "Kate?" he repeated loudly to get her attention.

"Look at this," she handed the phone to him, letting him take a look, "Who's that with my mom?"

Clint was silent for a few seconds, "Well, that's the guy I've been worried about this whole time

Clint was silent for a few seconds, "Well, that's the guy I've been worried about this whole time. Kingpin,"

≿━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━≾

That night, Kate got into the guest room Grills had offered her to sleep in.

Kate ran a frantic hand through her hair, trying to calm herself down from the news she had received from you that afternoon.

She couldn't believe her mother could do something like this. Hire a couple of assassins to kill her favourite Avenger? Eleanor Bishop may have been the last one she had expected it to be.

The video— Eleanor killed Armand. Kate felt guilt cloud her mind at the thought of doubting Jack, while all he had ever done was be nice to her and try to bond with her.

Kate pulled out her phone from her jean pocket and headed towards the bed, sitting on the edge of it.

She decided to text only one person who could possibly ease her state of frenzy. You.

≿━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━≾