˗ˏ𝟭𝟲➶˚. 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐂𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐬 𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭 *ೃ・゚

⋆◦⋅𝟸𝟶𝟸𝟻⋅◦⋆

◂ ❚ ⊱ꕥ⊰ ❚ ▸

You and your sister were leaving the States as your mission with Barton was done. Whether or not you two accomplished what you had in mind when you arrived, was an issue. But both you and your sister decided not to think much about it.

You had tried to persuade your sister to stay for a few more days, but since your next assignment wasn't anywhere in or near America, you needed to move.

Yelena had managed to find a car and she loaded the luggages and bags into the trunk. You walked out of the building's entrance with Fanny in front of you as you held her by her leash.

"You grabbed everything, right?" Yelena made sure that you didn't forget anything, shutting the door of the trunk.

"Yeah," you got into the passenger seat and started to pat your pockets for a burner phone. Growing worried, you turned to your sister, "Hey, Yelena, did you see—"

"You mean this?" the blonde held out the very same burner phone you were looking for, "You left it under your pillow," she handed it to you, letting Fanny to the back seat of the car.

"Ah, thanks," you let out a sigh of relief, pocketing it immediately.

Yelena shut the door of the back seat and opened the door of the driver's seat, getting behind the wheel, "Why's it so important to you, anyway?"

"You'll see,"

≿━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━≾

Kate was unpacking the boxes which had her stuff from her apartment (those which had survived the fire) and arranging all her belongings into the room she was staying in.

She was almost done with all of the cartons, but a couple of dark boxes, that were sealed, remained at the foot of the bed.

Curious, Kate picked up the boxes to try and identify them, and her eyes nearly popped out when she noticed your name on them.

Kate hurried towards the door and closed it as quietly as possible, not wanting to raise any suspicion. She made way to her bed, eager to see what the package contained.

She unwrapped the first gift and found two sets of cutlery. The second one had a burner phone.

The burner phone had only one contact number saved in it — Y/N.

Kate sat down on the bed behind her with a grin. Crossing her legs on the mattress, she pulled out the note from the box (which had the burner phone) and read it:

⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻

𝘚𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘊𝘩𝘳𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘮𝘢𝘴 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘦𝘯𝘵.
𝘔𝘢𝘺𝘣𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘹𝘵 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘐 𝘥𝘳𝘰𝘱 𝘣𝘺 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘦, 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭 𝘤𝘶𝘵𝘭𝘦𝘳𝘺. 

 𝘗𝘦𝘳𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘴 𝘸𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘨𝘰 𝘰𝘯 𝘢𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘥𝘢𝘵𝘦 :) 

                    - 𝘠/𝘐. 𝘉    ⧗

⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻⸻

Kate's lips parted in a chuckle with a shake of her head as she winced to herself, taken back to the first time she had met you and your sister. 

She looked out of the window at the setting snow, sensing her thoughts drift to you as she fiddled with the burner phone in her right hand.

≿━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━≾

Yelena did a double-take when she saw the giddy expression on your face, keeping a peripheral look on the road, "Why're you smiling so much?"

"Mmm," you hummed, looking straight ahead at the road in front of you. You pulled out a burner phone from your pocket and stared down at it, the smile still plastered on your lips, "Nothing,"

Yelena glanced between you and the burner phone, guessing what you might have done, and shook her head with a slight roll of her eyes.

≿━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━≾

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐃 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐒 ➣ {𝕜•𝕓} ❘ [ 𝖍𝖆𝖜𝕶𝖊𝖄𝖊 𝖝 𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖉𝖊𝖗] 🎉