"Yeah, sure. Of course, Billy."

"I'm serious, Steve. Even if it's not still in me, maybe it's the remnants. Maybe that's why I said that... I said what I said yesterday." Steve froze up and Billy flinched as well, covering his face with his hands. He wiped the tears away quickly and steeled his expression, placing both hands on Steve's shoulder. Steve gave that little gasp again and Billy felt a familiar feeling flicker in his abdomen, letting out a low growl. "I feel like I'm going crazy. Fucking crazy, Steve. And... Look, I'm not... I'm uh..."

"Not gay?"

"Yeah. That."

"Alright. It wouldn't matter if you were anyway," Steve shrugged off as if he hadn't called his best friend in his panic right after Billy's little outburst. "It's not like I am either."

"Okay. Good. So we're on the same wavelength. Look, I'm... I'm glad you're my roommate, alright? It's been a week and you're the only reason this is bearable. I like listening to you ramble and rave and worry and I like how fucking stupid you are in every story you've told me. I do listen, even when I act like I'm annoyed. Fuck I'm going to regret all this when I'm not drunk. But we... We're good, right?"

Steve felt his entire face heat up, the intensity worsening when Billy hugged him again. Billy... Liked listening to him talk? He really was drunk but Steve found himself wishing the blonde would say things like this in his sober state, as well.

"Yeah, of course we're good. Always." He pat Billy's back awkwardly, hoping he would let go. The buffer man silently leaned onto his shoulder and eventually dozed off. Steve sat there, feeling almost paralysed as he felt Billy's hot breath melt his skin everytime the man exhaled.

He needed to get out of there. He really, really didn't want to wake him up, though. So he stayed still for fifteen minutes, hoping Billy was in deep slumber by then and gently placed his hands on the man's head, lowering it to his pillow. He pushed Billy's feet onto the mattress and smiled at his handiwork, placing a hand on his neck as he remembered the ticklish yet tingly feeling of the boy's warm breath.

His thoughts were honestly embarrassing, at this point. He quietly sank down into Billy's bed, warmed by the scent of him and felt the ghost of Billy's breath again, reminiscing how tightly his strong arms had squeezed when he hugged him. Steve dug his fingers into his hair like he'd seen Billy do only moments ago, not understanding where any of this was coming from.

"What the fuck is wrong with me, today? He gets to blame hormones and the Mind Flayer and being drunk so what's my excuse? What's my excuse...?" He considered calling his best friend. Then he stopped himself. It was early morning and she would kill him. Plus, this wasn't a big deal. A few strange body reactions didn't mean he liked a guy or anything. They were only just getting their friendship back on track, that would be weird and he was straight. As far as he'd always known, he was straight. He'd made serious effort all his life to avoid ever seeing a man in that kind of way, why would anyone do that unless they were straight?

He blamed Robin completely for putting this in his head. Completely. He set a mental reminder to complain to her about what she'd done but brushed that thought away too because she'd immediately catch on to the fact that he was starting to question his sexuality. Steve groaned a bit, breathing in Billy's pillow to calm himself down which only confused him further. These thoughts plagued him until he slept.

When Steve woke up, he was rather satisfied with the decision he'd made. Without even needing help, he'd assured himself he wasn't what he thought he was. He'd just gotten caught up in getting affection he wasn't used to from a drunken Billy, that was all. He'd only ever wanted women and that was really all he needed to know. When he heard Billy groan beside him, he shot up and moved closer instantly, worried out of his mind.