Chapter 2 'War Of Vanitas'

Start from the beginning

Holy Shit! He knew it?!? He knew it would be important but this was just too much.

Hodgkins was shocked at how crucial the information he was given was. But his shock immediately turned into a satisfied and happy small grin which the two soldiers failed to notice as they were looking at the plans he had set on the table.

"Is that so? then have some of the lads interrogate the Capture elf. Also, tell some of the officers that I demand their presence in a meeting later. You are dismissed"

Hodgkins answered in a stern and clear voice turning back to return to his serious persona.

"Yes sir"

The two men answered back, then saluted and left the room. As Hodgkins proceeded to look back at his plans. Returning his concentration to the large map which filled the large table.

The scene then changes to a convoy on their way to Hodgkin's base. Several British Soldiers were seen walking while a lone figure with long ears could be seen being dragged by a British Soldier.

The elf was a Blonde male elf of average height with his hands tied and roped to a thick rope held by the soldier in front of him. He was also gagged so he could not draw any attention as they returned to base.

'These Indignant Humans!! How dare they take me, prisoner, in his land of Birth.'

The gagged male elf could merely think as he grumbled trying to shout curses at the dishonorable human sons of bitches who held him captive.

He tried to resist them but was slightly wounded during the fighting which weakened him slightly hence why the soldier merely scoffed and had no problem dragging him forward.

He knew that he was going to be interrogated but he swore that he would never give them any information regarding the Elves. He would rather die than betray his race.

Several feet away from him two soldiers could be seen talking as the group walked through the woods.

"So, Bridger you got any cigarettes this long-eared bastard had been trying to annoy us lately. So can I have a Cig?"

A British soldier said in a clear voice as he asked a soldier.

Who in turn quickly took a cigar from a pocket in the front of his uniform and gave it to the soldier. Who lit it and smoke the cigar? Blowing smoke as he did so.

The soldier's name was Charles Atkins who had many regrets but his greatest regret was the fact that he was transported to this new world.

He regretted it because he could no longer contact his family who was stuck on Earth which in turn.

"Hey, Atkins? How's life you seem to be quite sober and quiet?"

The soldier who gave him the cigar asked. He knew something was not right with him. They had known each other since they enlisted and had served on the western front in the British Expeditionary Forces fighting the German Imperial Army in 1916 when they were sent here.

The two men continued to chat as they walked discussing their possible futures now that every person they knew and loved was left on earth and was separated from them by that 'bastard'.

"So what do you think of the General?"

"Well, he was quite a bloke?! Don't ya think?"

"Hey Be careful mate you already know what happens if some of the loyal men hear you."

"Ok."

"So Do you think the bastard even deserves the level of authority he has?"

"I don't know, I ain't certain if I could trust but let's give him the benefit of the doubt."