𝐃𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭 // 𝐂𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐬 𝐄𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐬

Start from the beginning

"Hey people!" Grinned the last of your friends, Max. You smiled, "Hey, Max." You smiled, feeling at ease when the other teen walked up to you guys. Max was the only one who knew about your anxiety, mainly because you both had been friends since birth. He was pretty chilled about it, and didn't tell anyone upon your request. 

"What classes do we have today?" Ella asked, looking at you. Even though you had anxiety, you happened to be the most organised of the group. "Jeez, you have your own schedules." You rolled your eyes, opening your locker to put your books in. When they didn't give you an answer, you sighed, "Aisha, you have chemistry, Allan, Spanish, Ella Biology and Max you're with me in Music." 

"Thanks N/n!" The three others grinned, running off to their respective classes. 

"So...you didn't tell them?" Max grinned, leaning his shoulder against the locker next to yours. 

"Obviously not." You scoffed. 

"I think you should, Y/n. I know you don't want to, but trust me, it'll be easier to deal with the anxiety if your other friends know about it. They won't treat you any differently." He replied, putting a hand on your shoulder. You muttered profanities under your breath and replied, "Alright. I'll tell them at lunch." 

"Good. I'll support you, every step of the way." He smiled. You gave him a small one in return, which became bigger when he leapt back and said, "Whatever it takes, I will get you to class!" Before he lifted you by the waist and spun you around. You laughed and he grinned, "There's that classic Evans smile! Now let's go before we miss scales." 

--Time Skip--

Before you knew it, it was lunch time. You sat everyone down, Max sitting with you, grinning proudly. 

"Okay, so I'm gonna tell you guys something, but promise you won't treat me any different because of it?" You asked. 

"Just tell us, Y/n." They chorused. 

"Okay. So I have anxiety. It's really bad, and I've had it for as long as I can remember. Um...I have these days where it can get really bad and leads to panic attacks, most of which I can barely handle. So, that's why I didn't look to great this morning or throughout the day." You admitted. 

Just as you feared, their expressions changed. They all looked at you with those sickening eyes of pity, making you add, "But I'm fine." 

"We promise, things are going to stay the same." Smiled Ella, but you noticed how she didn't look you in the eye, nor did her smile reach her eyes.

'Shit, why is she lying? Did I do something wrong? Oh god I should've never told them.' Your hands began to subtly tremble in your lap, as you began to emotionally shut down. 

"Thanks guys." Max said, noticing how you were beginning to shut down. 

"Great! I'm gonna go use the restroom. Aisha you coming?" Ella said. Allan looked around and noticed his younger brother saying, "I'm gonna go check on Jack." He walked off hurriedly and you sighed, "This was a mistake, Max." 

"Hey, it wasn't. If they're your true friends, then they'll accept you. And if they don't, then who needs them? You got me!" He smiled, pressing a friendly kiss to your cheek. (A/n: It isn't weird if you're just friends.)

"I know, Max. Thank you." You smiled, giving him a hug before the bell rang.

--Time Skip--

Three days. That's all it took. Aisha found another set of friends, Ella and Allan both stopped talking to you. Max was the only one who stayed with you. 

"Great. Some friends." You spat, looking at Aisha laughing with her new friends.

"Chill. How about you come over tonight? Pizza and movies till we throw up and our eyes start to burn?" He asked, knowing it was one of your favourite things to do.

"Can't. My dad's out, and no one's home to look after Dodger." You said. "And I don't think Lilo likes him." You referred to Max's cat, making him inhale through his teeth.

"Damn cat." He muttered angrily. "Anyway, I'll see you Monday, Y/n. Bye!" He ran off towards his mom who was waiting for him, while you calmly walked over to your dad. Dodger was in the back, and he barked happily upon seeing you.

"Hi Dad." You smiled tightly, getting in the back with Dodger. The Bulldog-mix lay down immediately, his head on your lap as you handed Chris your bag. Your dad placed it on the seat next to him, while you absentmindedly stroked Dodger's fur.

"How was school, champ?" He asked, looking through the rearview at you. You leaned down to kiss Dodger's nose and shrugged, "It was okay, I guess." 

He frowned, unconvinced, but nevertheless drove in silence, knowing you didn't want to talk.

--Time Skip--

You lay on your stomach on your bed, with Dodger curled up next to you. You finished your weekend homework and notes, and closed the book, laying your head on the soft blue comforter, face down. 

"Why the fuck do I have this damn thing, Dodger?" You sighed, your voice muffled by the mattress and comforter. The dog woke up immediately, his emotional support dog mode activated, as you always said. He nudged the side of your head with his nose, making you look at his big brown eyes before you sat up, laying your head against his curled up body. 

"I mean, what did I do wrong, for my friends to treat me this way? Aisha's not friends with my anymore, Allan and Ella have basically ghosted me, and now Max is gonna move away soon." You sat up, looking at him, "What did I do wrong?!"

You didn't hear the door open, and you definitely didn't know that your dad was standing there, listening quietly. "Plus, dad's so busy, I don't want to burden him with my dumbass teen problems." You sighed,lying down completely on your back.

Dodged grunted and whined, standing up to move next to you, laying his head on your chest as you stroked his fur, pulling him closer to you.

"You're the best dog ever, Dodger." You smiled, "Thanks for listening to me."

Chris knocked on your doorframe, asking, "Can I come in?"

"Um... yeah. Sure." You said, sitting up a bit and moving slightly to give him space to sit on your bed. Dodger moved a bit so Chris sat directly next to you.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asked when you both became comfortable.

"You're already super busy, Dad. I don't want to add to your troubles." You sighed.

"C'mere." He said, opening his arms for a hug. You leaned into it gratefully, letting your head rest on his chest as he slowly stroked your hair. "Y/n, you are my first priority. Always. If I'm stressed, happy, sad, whatever, I'll always be there, willing to listen." He said.

You looked up and smiled, making him grin, "There's that smile."

You laughed and hugged him tightly, chuckling, "Thanks, Dad."

"Anytime, princess." He smiled, kissing the top of your head.

Dodger barked and hopped into the space between you both, making you laugh as he landed on your stomach, "Dodger no!" He simply looked up to lick your face, and Chris recorded it while laughing hysterically.

"Dad help! Get this demon dog off me!" You giggled as Dodger continued licking your face. "Are you seriously recording right now?!?"

Chris pulled the dog off you, and he watched as you fell asleep on his chest, cuddling Dodger as you did. He took a photo and set it as his phone wallpaper before laying down next to you, kissing your forehead gently and falling asleep.

---------

I liked writing this one, honestly.

I hope you enjoyed reading it, and I hope you could relate, as well!!

Plus some fluff to keep it light, y'know?

Heh.

Comment, vote and share!!

With love and hugs,
Daisy Rose