Chapter 3

Y/N made it back to the room where he was caught. It was surprising to him since he expected he'd end up somewhere else. He went to the lever by the door he was about to pull last time. The door slowly opened and Y/N passed through. It lead him back outside as he found some corpses tied like scarecrows.

Y/N: "Well, that's welcoming. What awaits me this time?"

He walked up the path that leads to the castle ahead. Right by the castle, there was a carriage. As Y/N was walking close to it, the carriage door's opened revealing a very fat man.

 As Y/N was walking close to it, the carriage door's opened revealing a very fat man

???: "I've been waiting for you, Mr. L/N."

Y/N: "It seems like everyone here knows about me. Well, except for the people are actually sane."

He chuckled.

???: "Anyone who is anyone has heard of the likes of you. A Hero from a different world searching for a missing child."

Y/N: "Oh, you know that too. Yeah, that's kinda what I'm doing I guess as well as fighting any monsters I have to fight."

???: "Indeed. Though I must say, that castle arouses suspicion."

Y/N: "The castle of blood and death? Yeah, it feels like I'm about to walk into some Castlevania shit. By the way, who are you? You don't seem to be normal."

He laughed in response.

???: "Me? I am but a humble merchant."

Y/N: "A merchant? Really?!"

He was getting a little excited as he can buy weapons and upgrades like in Resident Evil 4.

Duke: "Pardon my manners, call me the Duke. Let's get to business. Weapons, ammunition, healing salves. Anything you desire, I can provide."

Y/N: "Sweet! I wish I had some money though."

Duke: "Why not sell me that crystal skull you have."

Y/N: "That's sellable? Okay."

He sold the skull and got some money out of it.

Duke: "Now then, what are ya buyin? Haha, just something an old friend of mine used to say."

He laughed at that reference.

Y/N: "I know who you're talking about. Was he in Spain?"

Duke: "He was. He had some favorite customers of his own there. That was 17 years ago if I recall."

Y/N: "I can't believe it's been that long."

He purchased some upgrades for his pistol and used the remaining currency on some shotgun ammo.

Y/N: "Alright, I should be good for now. All I can get at least."

Duke: "Come back anytime."

Y/N: "I will."