Chapter Ten

Luke's

“Ma, what brings you here?” I asked her. My mom, she suddenly visited me in my office.

This is her first time visiting me here. Mao pa man say pag uli nako from states. Coz I work there as an engineer.

Usahay lang ko ga ulig Pilipinas and this office is just my temporary office. I don't have plans to stay here in the Philippines.

But seeing Raven again, I think I already have plans. Plans to marry her, I think. Cringe man but I really want Raven since our highschool days.

That's a long story.

“You're spacing out my dear.”

Nabalik kos realidad. Mama's in front of me, sitting on the visitors chair.

“Anyway, I'm here to ask you a favor.” she said, ni ngisi s'ya nga murag naay kataw anan sa iyang gi huna huna.

My mama is actually weird, some of the times.

“What is it ma? You want a house?” I asked.

Char hilason ra kaayo ko.

We don't actually have a house. I live in a condominium sa states and mama's staying at her penthouse while papa is nowhere to be found na. Nalumos guro sa sabaw.

“I'm having a vacation for 2 months with your tita's and I want you to take care of our company.” she then gave me a wink.

A meaningful wink. I think she's planning something.

“I'll be the temporary CEO for 2 months?” pangutana nako.

She nodded, “Exactly, and I want you to be polite with our employees, specially to my secretary. Is it a deal?” she smirk.

Nitando rako while ga huna huna sa pwedeng mahitabo. Mabusy nasad ko ani nya unsaon nalang nako akong gi sulti kay Raven. I wanted to see her too.

I am supposedly courting her now but I shouldn't decline my mom's favor. It's also important.

“Nice!” she exclaimed happily and she asked for a shake hand.

After that. She took her bag and walk to the door way. Oh diba mo hawa ra siyag way pananghid. She's really a weirdo.

“Ahm.. Lucas?” tawag niya before s'ya maka gawas. She's the only one who calls me Lucas ever since. Well, she's my mom.

Nabusy kos akong laptop, checking my appointment for the next two months.

“Hmm?” I hummed just to tell her that I'm listening.

“I want a grandchild.” sulti niya ug nigawas nas akong office.

Wtf did she just say? Gusto niyag apo? Wa man gani koy asawa. Naunsa jud?

Raven popped up in my mind. If my mom really wants a grandchild then I should make a move right now.

Dali kaayo ko nakagawas sa akong office ug naka abot sa akong sakyanan.

Half an hour, naa nako diri sa gawas sa ilang balay. Raven's house.

The gate was open, so I took a deep breath before entering. I was knocking for 15 minutes but no one tend to answer.

I was still patiently waiting. Until..

“Luke?”

There! The door opened and I saw Raven. Wearing only a- oh shit! She's only wearing a towel rolled over her naked body.

Shit! I refuse to make an eyes contact with her. She's just too hot.

“C-Can you dress up first?” I stammered.

After many years, karon ra usab nako sya nakita nga ing ana. It makes me shy.

She awkwardly smile, “Ahm.. C-Come in and.. pwede p-paki bantayi s-sa?” she turn her back at me ug ni duol sa bata, “Come here Lucas.” tawag niya.

I stilled. Wala ko kabalo kung ako ba iyang gina tawag or ang bata. I'm also Lucas, hello?

Niduol ang bata sign nga s'ya ang gitawag. So his name is Lucas too. What a coincidence.

“You'll stay with him for awhile. Be a good boy, okay?” she asked then the kid nodded.

.
.
.

Naa ko ron sa ilang sala. Beside me, is Lucas, starring at me. This is weird, he's been staring at me since ganiha.

So I looked at him too. His eyes are familiar. He has the same eyes with Raven's, and his cute nose. Still from Raven.

“Is Raven your mom?” I asked out of curiosity.

He nodded and pouted his perfect shaped lips. His lips is not from Raven. I saw this lips before but I can't remember when and who. It's just so familiar to me.

I was spacing out again, thinking that Raven does really had a child now. Do I still have a chance?

I came back to my senses when Lucas suddenly asked me,

“Are you my papa?”