18 - The Day He Left Me

it was the morning. the morning George would leave to go back to the UK and live the life he used to have before us. i was still holding him in my arms. it was 6 am and he was definitely awake, but he didn't move or say anything.

20 more minutes of snuggling turned more into 2 hours, the time now being 9:15 a.m. George had to be to the airport by 12, so we were running out of time.

"we have to get up," i heard the brit say muffled.

"ughhh" i whined, i was going to miss this, miss waking up to a bright smile in the morning, miss the way he feels, his voice, his touch. i was going to miss it all.

maybe us admitting that we loved each other wasn't the best idea right before he left, it only got me more attached and aching more.

he slowly stretched and left my arms, getting up from the bed and walked into the bathroom.

i groaned slightly as i saw him disappear into the other room. i couldn't do it, i couldn't let him go, it was going to be too hard, too painful. i wasn't going to wake up to his bright smile or his soothing voice that oddly fixed all of my problems. it was all going away in just a matter of time and i didn't know when i was going to see him again.

we all gathered around the kitchen table in silence, we all knew this day would come but we didn't expect it this fast.

"i'm going to miss you George." Karl spoke up, breaking the silence. and i'm kinda thankful that he did.

"me too, you know, at first i hated you, but you're not that bad," Sapnap shrugged.

"wow thanks sap" George giggled sarcastically. his smile. it was so contagious. i was going to miss this, miss everything. the golden memories we made in just the short time of him being here.

"hey guys?" he spoke up.

Sapnap and me looked at him, "yes?" Karl spoke up once again. he really knew how to stop things from getting awkward.

*george pov*

i was nearly shaking from the anxiety that was built up inside me, this was big news and i was scared on how my friends would react.

"so," i spoke up, "i was offered something, something special, and i'm not sure how you guys are going to feel about this but..." i stopped, took a deep breath in before beginning again. "i'm moving in.."

"w- what?!" Karl smiled, Sapnap still trying to render what i had just said. i saw Clays face light up, like he had no problems whatsoever. it was a reassuring feeling.

"yep, but i'm going back to the uk for like a month just to get everything situated over there,"

"w- what" dream said, looking into my eyes, i didn't know wether he was happy or upset until he started speaking again. "t- that's awesome," he stuttered, it seemed like he was speechless.

"so you took my offer up?" Sapnap spoke up, nodding at me.

"uh, yeah. i did," i smiled.

dream covered his mouth with his hands. his eyes lit up. he was.. happy? happy for me to be moving in with him? he really loved me?

"good lad," Sapnap mimicked my british accent.

"s- so you'll be back?" Dream asked.

"yes? is that a problem?" i questioned, scared for the answer.

"of course it's not George!! are you going back to the UK by yourself? do you want someone to come with you to help?" he asked. he was such a sweetheart. i was just a little bit heart broken that i would have to leave him, and all of them, but i would be back, and i couldn't wait for that day to come.

"no, i'll be fine" i laughed and reassured him , his laugh, his smile, his everything, how could i not have fallen in love with him?

"you ready to go george?" Dream yelled from downstairs, i was in my room gathering my last things and shoving them into my suitcase.

it was 11:20, and i had to get to the airport by 12 to just barely make my flight, i wouldn't complain if i missed it, though.

"yeah," i shouted back down to him.

my friends helped load everything into the car and got in, sapnap and Karl in the back, Dream driving and me in the passenger seat.

as we were driving there dream had moved his right hand onto my thigh, making my freeze. it was different to be loved, or even feel like someone cared. i was going to miss the feeling of love, but it would all come flowing back eventually.

we arrived at the airport, all of my friends stepped out of the car, each of them grabbing something to help carry in. the escort to the entrance of the airport was definitely sad, i didn't want to leave my friends, but i had too.

"i really don't understand why you have to go back, i mean, ill buy everything you need, George" Dream said. i could tell it hurt him seeing me leave, which hurt me too.

"i know, but i have to go back to say goodbye to my parents and old friends, and get that last whiff of the polluted air." i giggled.

dream sighed before putting all of the luggage on the ground and pulling me in by my waist.

our lips met, i could hear sapnap and karl's gasp from behind us, it made both of us smile as we kissed for a moment longer. i never wanted to let go, he was perfect, everything i wanted plus more. he was everything i needed.
i needed him just like he needed me.

"okay come on love birds, he has a plane to catch!" Sapnap said, picking up the luggage Dream had dropped and walked over to the waiting area.

Dream and I let go of each other, staring into each others eyes for one last solid minute. one of the best minutes of my life.

we waited in the waiting area for about 20 minutes before my plane got called. i stood up, and so did my friends. i walked over to Sapnap and hugged him goodbye, followed by Karl. then Dream, i gave him a quick kiss goodbye and walked over to the line that was formed to board the plane. my eyes began to water as i watched Dream stand there, watching me as i boarded the plane. i saw a tear escape his eye, making 2 fall out of my eyes. it hurt me to see him hurt or sad, i wanted the best for him, he deserved to be happy. he deserved everything.

*dream pov*

he would be coming back, and for good. and i could finally have the love of my life back in my arms forever. but i never wanted to say goodbye, it was too unreal. i fell in love with one of my best friends in under a week, i would be a wreck without him for a whole month, but he would be coming back and i knew that, i just needed to play the waiting game.

i felt a tear fall from my eye as i saw him wave once more back at the group before boarding the plane. he took one corner and boom, he was gone.

this fucking sucks.

end of chapter
1.3k+ word
(a-n: me and my parents got in a really bad argument so i'm writing to try and get my mind off of it :) so i hope you guys enjoy some of the chapter that i'm currently writing lmao)