“Don’t ever run off like that again okay? Promise me. If you ever do, I’ll just find you again, like this one.” Searching for his eyes, I heard a loud grunt by stall which I identified was Blake’s.

He was still lying crumpled to the floor as he bashes us with a deadly stare. And if looks could kill, I’d be in the same position as him.

“Whatever. You guys are so cheesy. I promise you Kyle, you’ll just get bored of that typical relationship with that creature!cough— Monsters like him should be kept! Chained! And be kept to yourself! Time will come...” Before Blake was able to finish his last sentence, his eyes rolled at the back of his head as a late reaction towards my punches. Midnight on the other hand, clinged beneath me with tremors on each of his pale fingers.

“That won’t happen.” I assured Midnight. I knew it wouldn’t, because I’ve never seen Midnight as another creature, let alone, a monster.

Midnight was just like... midnight. Despite the dark appearance he’d emit, his dark fur that blazes upon the silver moonshine, and behind that sophisticated aura he sometimes have, there was always the side of him that shone like stars. His smiles were bright; his eyes were vibrant that it overpowers the dim-shaded night sky.

I took his hand and took him home. I could give up my studies, I thought. After all, I don’t think Elliot could even suffice cash for the next year anyway.

The next day, when all has settled, I asked Midnight to come with me find work. Little by little, I had to save, I wanted to move out of this house and live freely without Elliot on our tails.

I don’t have a phone, or to mention, a contact from anybody else. This could be a great start for us, really. We could reside without a bother from someone who cared. Anyways, only the two of us actually cared for each other. And we could do something else, leaving every hint of our past behind.

No pain.

No broken family.

No memory.

Just us.

It wasn’t as easy as said by the way, because it took me merely a year working as a guidance counsellor to save for a small apartment. Which wasn’t hard to live in of course, our sizes weren’t that space consuming in any case.

When we moved, I left a note saying thank you to Elliot, and stating that he could finally live without me being a burden. And secretly, he was a burden for me too. I mean, what else could be better for him? That he could finally fuck ladies all night without thinking that somebody might see them. Or he could bring home meals that no one else but him and his extremely rude pair of lips.

Here we are, Midnight and I, cuddled up in our humble abode living our 19th and 20th years, still young and... jumpy. Oh no, just kidding. We haven’t had hanky-pankies since then, all was too busy with our patience-taking careers for this move. Only small kisses and such, but now can be a good time too. Everything’s done.

“Hey, babe?” My arms coiled their way tighter along his waist which by now healed to its fullest. Nothing more feels better this way. And I know we went too fast on everything, but atleast now, I could take and savour every single second with Middy, and his safety.

“Mm?” He yawned sleepily, wriggling his way to face my direction like during the first time he laid on my chest.

Midnight was gaining height too. It scares me sometimes, that he’d grow to someone else that would get sick of all this hiding. He was growing beautiful. Probably now, he’s already an inch taller than me and his muscles went leaner all these times.