1.0

ASTORIA BENNET lay behind a stack of books in the old Hogwarts Library. Everyone had gone to bed hours ago, but Astoria stayed behind. She knew Madam Pince would kick her out, so she sat behind a stack of books in the corner where no one could find her. It was now well past 2 am but the little Bennet girl didn't mind. She had just finished her book and decided now was probably a good time to leave. Astoria slipped through the big brass doors of the library and tiptoed down the cobbled floors of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. She hummed a melody as she made her way to the kitchens for a snack before bed. Tickling the small pear painting, she slipped inside and made her way to the cupboards for some bread and honey. The house elves were asleep but she didn't mind, she liked the quiet and found peace in making a meal herself.

Sitting upon a counter, she spread her toast with honey and opened a new book; Pride & Prejudice. This particular book she had read several times and always loved how she had the same last name as her favorite character, Elizabeth Bennet. She sat taking in the quiet atmosphere and smell of baked bread for as long as she could before the door burst open, disturbing her peace. She quickly turned her head to see none other than the Marauders.

Here's a little insight on Hogwarts' biggest pranksters: The Marauders were hated by half the school and loved by the others. Astoria Bennet didn't have much of an opinion on them besides the fact that she thought they were funny. She didn't hate them, she didn't love them. She didn't love how they picked on innocent kids individually but she didn't see the harm in pranking the whole school. That seemed like fun in her eyes.

"Okay! Moony get the snacks, Padfoot, the drinks, Wormtail- wait. Who are you?" James 'Prongs' Potter said, turning to meet her eyes.

"Astoria Bennet, why?" the brunette responded, putting down her book.

"No reason, we just don't see many other people down here. Hey, you're in Hufflepuff, right?" James asked with a devilish grin.

"Depends, why do you want to know?"

"We're breaking into the Hufflepuff common room to see a friend but we forgot how to get in and require assistance." Sirius yelled across the kitchens.

"Lovely," Astoria replied sarcastically. "I'll get you in as long as Sprout doesn't find out it was me."

"Wait- really?!" James didn't really believe she would do it.

"Yeah, why not? I never do anything fun anyways," Astoria shrugged.

"Sweet!"

Ten minutes later they were walking out of the kitchens and up to the stacks of barrels lining the hallway. Astoria knocked to the familiar rhythm of "Helga Hufflepuff," and the barrel sprung open. Looking back at the four Gryffindors...well they looked like they had been punched in the face. James was utterly confused, Remus looked like he saw a ghost (which he had and still was not used to), and Peter looked...scared? Sirius was the only one who looked like nothing was wrong, no doubt due to his unusual amount of hookups with several Hufflepuff girls.

Astoria climbed through and helped the other boys down. They all looked around in wonder but to her surprise, Sirius seemed bored.

"You've been here before?" she asked quietly.

"Oh yeah," he replied with a smirk. Astoria grimaced knowing fully well what that smirk meant. She just hoped it hadn't been because of one of her dormmates.

"Do you know which dorm is Matthew Patil's?" James asked after snapping out of his awe.

"Oh yeah," the brunette replied before leading them up the stairs to the boy's dorm. With a quick goodbye, she walked back down the stairs and up another set to her own dorm. Her dormmates, Alexis Meadows, Riley Norris, and Freya Tonks were fast asleep already. Astoria got ready for bed before tucking into the covers to listen to the storm outside. Fall had always been her favorite season because she loved rain. Unfortunately, all she could hear was the yells of five rowdy boys and the clang of bottles hitting the floor. Music was blasted loud and she was glad her roommates were already asleep.

That night Astoria Bennet got no sleep and she wasn't even mad about it.