"-Well, here we are...
-I feel like I've been in the Wonderworld for years...
-Yet dearest, you will see that when you walk through that door, you will return to the very moment you first entered my theater."

He turned his gaze to the large door behind him. Selene lowered her head.

She slowly approached the door and placed her hand on the frame.

"My memories will be erased the moment I walk through that door, so...
-But you know you could stay here, Princess..."

Selene gasped and turned around. Lance stood before her with a bruised expression. His desperation had taken its toll on him. She approached him and tenderly took his hands.

"You know I can not Lance ...
-And why not! It would be enough that in a snap of fingers I ... "

He directed one of his hands to her face, but Selene shook her head.

"But you're a good person, you won't do it."

He sighed and nodded. The Ballerina moved away slowly but Lance pulled her to him and hugged her. The one who until now had been able to remain emotionless, let her tears flow, clinging to the one she loved.

They stayed like that for a few minutes. Balan, who had stepped aside to leave them for a while, was overcome with remorse. He had been through this before, but it seemed so small compared to these two.

They reluctantly loosened their embrace.

And for the first time, she saw Lance crying. He collapsed and could not help but clutch at her waist. She felt herself weakening, but she remained strong. She stroked Lance's hair because she knew it would calm him down a little.

"Don't cry, I assure you it will be okay."

She put her hands on his sweet face and looked him straight in the eyes.

"I promise I won't forget you, you hear me? you have my word.
-Selene...
-And then as long as you have this music box, I will always be by your side!"

She helped him up and laughed.

"-You're going to make me wish I'd never gotten my balance back.
-Oh no, that's great, really great, obviously..."

Lance kissed her. And then he took advantage of it to bury his crystallized heart in that of his Angel, without that this last one does not notice it.

He murmured:

" -You will take better care of it than me... "

She did not understand what he meant, but she did not seek to know either. Perhaps his voice had gone beyond her thoughts.

"-I think it's time to say goodbye, now my Prince."

The Maestro nodded and accompanied her to the large door, where Balan was waiting for them.

Selene curtsied to Balan and took the opportunity to place a kiss on his cheek, as a sign of thanks. The latter laughed, embarrassed and surprised by the gesture.

"Oh, what would I have done without your help too, Balan...?
-But it's our duty after all...
-I will miss you very much too."

So the door opened wide and Selene turned around one last time, looking one by one at the two Maestros.

"-I swear we'll see each other again...One way or another."

She smiled, her eyes closed and bathed in tears. And she walked out the door, leaving behind her sweet melody that saw flying the hair of the Maestros, but also many memories to cherish and forever.