Chapter 5

I come back out of the water and head to my towel.

"Hey" I hear a voice. I jump.

"Nolan oh my god you scared the crap out of me, what are you doing down here so early?" I say grabbing my towel and drying off my hair.

"Early? It's 9 am. I decided to come see you earlier than 2:15" Nolan jokes. I look at him.

"I was swimming for three hours? Wow time flies doesn't it?" I say. We head back up to the house.

"So how was Aiden last night? Acting suspicious?" he asks as I unlock the door.

"Not suspicious, but also not good at hiding the fact Niko was here" I say. Nolan leans on the kitchen bench as I pour us drinks.

"Hiding it?" he asks. I nod.

"I got here and her car was literally in the driveway, so I backed out and called him saying I was on my way home. She left almost instantly" I laugh. Nolan smiles confused.

"Why didn't you confront him?".

"I didn't want to cause shit" I say. Nolan nods like he understands and I smile.

"He acted how he always does around me last night, nothing suspicious at all so I'm going to see how it plays out".

"Well I bet it will change when you tell him he is going to be a father" Nolan smiles. I smile back. 

"That's what I'm counting on". We sit down on the couch.

"Well I have my computer with me" Nolan says. He opens it up and puts on the Graysons security cameras.

"I thought we would need something to do". I smile. Nolan turns on the sound and scrolls through the cameras.

"Found some gossip going on here" he says stopping at the office where Daniel and his father Conrad were having a conversation.

Why on earth did you ask Aiden Mathis to pay for your ex wife's medical bills when we all know that you were the one that shot her.

Dad, have you seen the bill? It's ridiculous, I'm not paying for all of that and we shouldn't have to. Aiden went into her care when she went home anyways so he has looked after her.

I roll my eyes.

"Daniel likes causing drama by the looks of things," Nolan says. I nod.

"Aiden only looked after me when I got out of hospital because he refused for me to be in the hands of the Graysons". Nolan nods and we both look at the computer.

Go to his house now and tell him you're paying for it all.

No, that is not going to happen. Why are you so obsessed with helping her?

Because she didn't deserve it!

Conrad starts yelling at Daniel.

"Damn cat fight" Nolan whispers.

Ok she may have lied, but you did too.

You guys were even and you made it worse for yourself.

Daniel sits back down.

Just be grateful that you weren't turned in.

Emily wouldn't do that to me.

Oh well she might not but I'm almost certain that her fiancé knows about it and all her friends. I'm going to tell Aiden you're paying all of it.

Conrad walks out of the room and through the front door.

"I guess he is coming here," Nolan says, shutting the computer down.

"Better not look suspicious". We sit on the couch and wait for Conrad to arrive. Then there is a knock at the door.

"Hi Conrad, I didn't expect to see you at my house" I say cheerfully.

"Hi, sorry to come at an odd time but I just wanted to let Aiden know that on behalf of Daniel, I am dropping all the bills he gave to Aiden" Conrad smiles.

"Oh that's sweet of you, thank you" I smile back. Conrad looks in the house.

"I'll let you and Nolan get back to your conversation then" he turns around to leave.

"Oh and please do tell Aiden that I apologise for Daniel's behaviour yesterday, he was acting very childish". Conrad leaves and I smile.

"What a surprise visit from Mr Grayson" Nolan says sarcastically. I smile.

"Well it seems to be 2 pm already, need to get ready?" Nolan says. I look up at the clock.

"I'll be back". I race upstairs and quickly get dressed and ready. I look in the mirror.

"Cute and casual, perfect" I smile. I go downstairs.

"All ready" I say, grabbing my bag.

"Let's go then" he replies. We go outside and to Nolans car. He drives us to the hospital.

We go inside and I go to the reception.

"Hi, I have an appointment for Emily Thorne" I say to the receptionist. She looks down at her computer and smiles.

"Yep that is all good, the nurse will see you soon".

"Thank you" I smile. We go and sit down in the waiting room.

"Nervous?" Nolan whispers.

"Yeah I am" I whisper back.

"Miss Emily Thorne?" A lady says reading off of her clipboard. Nolan and I sit up and follow the lady to a room.

"Hi I am Nurse Millie and I will be taking your bloods today to confirm your pregnancy if that is okay?" the nurse smiles.

"Yeah go ahead" I smile back and pull up my sleeve. The nurse takes my blood and then takes it to another room.

"We have rapid testing here, so the results should be in within the next ten minutes" she sits down at her computer.

"So tell me, when was your last period?" she asks. I think.

"About 6 weeks ago but they are pretty irregular" I reply. The nurse looks at her screen.

"It says here that you were shot about 2.5 months ago, is that correct?" she asks. I nod my head. 

"And have you had any pregnancy symptoms?".

"I've had nausea and I've thrown up a little bit, but only in the last week". Millie starts typing on the computer.

"I'm sorry for asking this question but when was the last time you did it?".

"About a week ago" I say. The nurse smiles.

"I'll go check on the blood". She gets up and leaves.

"That was awkward," Nolan whispers. I go bright red in the face.

"And embarrassing". The nurse comes back smiling.

"Congratulations you two, you are in fact pregnant". I smile.

"I'm not the Dad though, I'm just the best friend" Nolan says. The nurse and I laugh.

"Thank you so much" I say. I can't stop smiling.

"Now I can check if we have any ultrasound appointments free today" she says sitting at her computer. I nod my head.

"It is actually free now if you want to come up to the ultrasound room" she smiles.

"Yeah, that sounds good," I say.