Chapter 3

The door opens again and in comes a very frustrated Aiden.

"I need your strongest drink possible" he says as he sits on a chair behind us. I slide Carl back into Amanda's arms and go over to him.

"What happened?" I say rubbing his back.

"He blamed me for all of this. Said that I tricked you into the fake pregnancy, which is why he shot you and now your infertility and everything is my fault. God I just wanted to punch his face in". He gets up and starts pacing.

"He's just trying to make you feel like shit, you and I both know that's not true" I calmly say. Aiden goes over to his drink and skulls it. I let out a tiny giggle.

"What?" Aiden says trying to stay serious.

"No, nothing" I say. Aiden grabs my arms and pulls me into a hug.

"I'm sorry" he whispers.

"Don't be, you did nothing wrong" I whisper.

"I think I need another drink," Aiden calls to Jack. Jack nods and starts making him a drink. Aiden and I sit back down and Jack hands him the drink.

"Tough day I guess" Nolan says.

"God you have no idea" Aiden rubs his head.

"I swear to god if I find out more things are going to change or things that are going to annoy me I am going to lose my shit". He looks down as I look up shocked at Nolan. Nolan gestures 'no' to me as I agree. Today is definitely not the day to tell him he is going to be a father.

"Don't worry I don't have any surprises to tell you about" I smile and rub his back.

"God it is already 4pm" Jack says looking at his watch. I've now been here for almost 5 hours. "Better get this place quickly set up before it gets destroyed by everyone wanting drinks".

"I'm going to head out, I'm a little tired" I say getting up. I pat Aiden on the shoulder.

"You coming?". Aiden nods his head.

"Yeah I'll be right behind you". Nolan and I walk outside at the same time.

"So you are not going to tell him are you?" Nolan says. I lean on the railings and rub my face.

"I can't," I reply softly. "That's ok though" I lift my head up. "You can come with me". I give him a reassuring smile.

"Ok then, I'll see you tomorrow then" he says as he leaves to his car.

"What are you doing standing out here by yourself?" Aiden says coming up behind me and wrapping his arms around me.

"I was waiting for you," I reply. He lets go and holds my hand.

"I'll escort you to your car then" he says. I squeeze his hand as we walk down the stairs and towards the car. He opens the door for me as I get inside the car.

"Thank you sir". He shuts the door and I wind down the window. He kisses my lips.

"Sorry about my anger earlier, Daniel is just so arrogant and it makes me so mad". I hold his hand.

"Just ignore him, he's just trying to make you angry" I sigh. Aiden smiles.

"I'll see you at home". He walks over to his car and starts it. I start mine up and start driving home.

--------------------

"Whose car is that?" I say to myself as I drive into the driveway. I slowly get out of the car and go around to the porch.

"Emily, um hey. I didn't expect to see you, I was here to see Aiden" Daniel says looking down at the ground.

"Daniel, Aiden is really mad at you at the moment. For your safety I suggest you leave. Maybe call him tomorrow" I reply. Daniel nods and quickly races off to his car. Not long after I hear another car come in. He must be home. I grab my keys out of my bag.

"Who was just here?" Aiden says coming around the corner.

"Oh it was just Nolan, I left my glasses in his car" I say nervously. We go inside and he sits down on the couch.

"I'm going to go to bed, I'm really tired" I say, rubbing my eyes. This baby was already wearing me out.

"It's only like 4:30?" he says.

"I know but I don't want to end up being tired tomorrow, I'm going into town tomorrow to help Nolan with some things". Aiden smiles.

"Ok then, I love you".

"I love you too" I reply and smile. I head upstairs and put my pjs on. I start taking off my makeup and hop into bed. I know it was early but if I had stayed up I probably would have accidentally let the secret out and that would not have ended well. I get a message from Nolan.

Come to my place. -Nolan.

No context whatsoever. I'm in my pjs and in bed though. -Emily.

Doesn't matter. -Nolan.

Still no context. I heavily lift the covers off of me and go downstairs.

"Where are you going?" Aiden asks half asleep.

"Nolan's house, he just messaged me to come over and gave me no context" I say grabbing my keys.

"Ok bye" he sleepily says, falling back to sleep. He wouldn't have let me go that easy if he was not that tired.

"Bye" I say, shutting the door behind me.

--------------------

I knock on Nolan's door and he almost instantly opens it.

"Love the fit Ems, come inside" he says holding the door open. I'm in my silk pajama set, which is the top and shorts and my ugg boots.

"I told you I was in my pjs" I laugh. Nolan hands me a drink and I look at him confused.

"It's a mocktail, I'm not that dumb" he smiles. I smile back and shake my head.

"I got worried for a second".

"So, why did you need me here all of a sudden?" I ask.

"To talk about tomorrow obviously, I'm really excited," he smiles.

"There isn't much to discuss, I'm literally going in to see if I'm actually pregnant" I say.

"Yeah well that is exciting, why aren't you excited?" he asks. I sigh.

"Well I am, but I am nervous and worried and, I think something bad is going to end up happening" I sigh. Nolan puts his hand on my shoulder.

"Hey it's going to be okay though. Why would you think something bad is going to happen?". 

"Because I am supposed to be sterile and now suddenly I'm pregnant? It doesn't make sense. I just don't really believe the test" I say. Nolan quickly gets up and grabs his car keys.

"Well let's go get another test, then you might believe it" he smiles. I smile and rub my head. 

"Fine". I get up and follow Nolan to his car. We drive quickly to the closest pharmacy.

"I'll go in," he says, looking at my pjs. I smile.

"Thanks". He steps out of the car and goes inside. I rub my belly. Not even a bump there yet but it feels so real. A few minutes later Nolan comes back with a bag.

"I just got the ones that looked like the one I saw earlier," he laughs. I grab the bag off him.

"They look pretty similar," I smile. I look over at the shops down from the pharmacy.

"Oh shit" I say, sinking down in my chair.

"What?" he asks, looking over in my direction.

"Aiden's over there". Nolan looks over and spots him with another girl.

"Who's the brunette with him?" he asks obliviously. I look at him confused and then sit up in my seat.

"Not Niko, I bet she will try to kiss him" I say frustrated. I see Niko lean in and Aiden's props down and kisses her.

"You dickhead," Nolan says. I sigh.

"Let's go," I whisper. Nolan starts the car and leaves to his place.