14 .The engagement-2

"Jai... This is Rehaan and Rehaan this is Jai." I gave a intro. Both of them looked confused, " Kriti.. We met already remember?! Ring any bells..?!" Jai said shaking his head as if i am the stupidest person alive. However, Rehaan chuckled either seeing Jai's expression or mine.

Idiot! Why did i touch him in the first place? I was cursing in my head when Rehaan took my hand into his and said "Its okay. I can understand." I just wanna laugh at him... He says he can understand but i bet he doesn't even know that i had a crush on him. He was giving me that magnetic smile. I couldn't help the blush that came on my cheeks.

Soon our moment was disturbed by the dance performance Ananya has planned. She was such a good dancer and such a happy soul. Her happiness was contagious.
"She is such a good dancer", i shouted into Rehaan's ear. "She is" he said with a proud smile. The beat was awesome and my feet were tapping and asking me to let go of myself and join them. Thank god! My lehanga covered my feet and Rehaan didn't notice. I was controlling so hard not to go to the stage and do some thumkas, some latke-jhatkes. All the self control went into gutter when i saw Aksha and Jai dancing. "Mom.." I called out for her. My mom knew my love for dance though i am not such a good dancer i love dancing and would always shake a leg to the beat. My mom rushed towards me and said in a hushed wishper " Not now baby..." I was about to protest but Rehaan's mom came to my side and asked "What happened beta..? You want something?" My mom looked at her and replied " My kriti loves dancing so..." And trailed off. "Oh... Then why isn't she on the dance floor" Rehaan's mom asked. I was shocked i was really shocked. "Its okay... I'm super cool with it . You do know i am modern mother in law right." She winked at me and went to attend some of our guests. I looked at mom and she gave me one of her kind smiles. I just hugged her and ran towards the dance floor. Every one dancing stopped for a second or two and the Dj started with an awesome track. In the next second i was surrounded by Aksha, Jai, Ananya ,Shrey and Shrey's girlfriend Veronica. And i started moving, swaying my hips in every move we were laughing, dancing for 4-5 songs when my eyes shifted to Rehaan's retrieving figure towards pool area of the hall. I excused myself and followed him. He was sitting with his legs in pool and pant folded i smiled at him and dropped myself beside him carefully lifting my lehanga so that i doesn't get wet.

" I thought you were dancing" he said with a teasing voice.

"I was dancing..." I told him shifting my gaze to the lighting reflected in the pool.

" You do realise that its our engagement party right..?" i asked him giving a smile.

" Our parents are out there... Don't worry they will handle our guests" he said again zoning out.

" Are you thinking about Nitya.." I asked him before i could stop myself .

His entire posture changed at once in the mention of her name. He looked lost for a second and then said "Yes... Just wondering what is she upto in her life..? I am moving on in life and trust me when i say its a good thing because i can't see my mom more in pain worrying about me. And today officially she gave me to you and from now on its your duty to worry about me" he said in a playful tone. I just smiled at him.

" Rehaan how many girls asked you out?" I asked after few minutes of comforting silence.

" Huh...?!" He asked confused.

" I always wondered. Do you remember the fundriser to which you came to our college.." he nodded " there were lot of girls who went crazy for you. You were the hot topic among girls for next whole month. I used to laugh at them back then"which was definitely a lie ,i used to kill them with my looks but i think Rehaan doesn't need to know that... "Now thinking of which i am going to get married and am engaged to you i was wondering how many girls would come after me" i asked. As soon as i completed my monologue Rehaan started laughing, a complete laugh his eyes lit up.
" Don't worry Kritika... Just a few. I think you can handle" he said in between his laugh. Seeing him laugh made something warm in my heart. I smiled at him. This is what i wanted watching him laugh every day.
" I love seeing you smile. Keep smiling" my mouth muttered out before i could filter love to like. Auh..! Damn my mouth.
" I also love my smile too" he said.
" Cocky much aren't we?" I asked and he just smiled. We sat there and chatted for a long while some times laughing some times blushing.
"Rey... Kriti... Mom's calling!" Ananya said in a sing a song voice. " coming..." Rehaan yelled and got up and extended his hand to help me stand up. I was trying hard to manage my lehanga with one hand and taking Rehaan's hand with another. However, i managed to stand up with out tripping and falling into the pool. You may ask how can you trip when you are just trying to stand but you never know me i am kind of clumsy with my legs. I was lost in my lehanga and legs to notice i was unbelievably close to Rehaan one of my hand was on Rehaan's chest and his hands were on my waist helping me to stand still. My eyes found way to his but soon drifted back to his lips. And i knew this was not a good sign and suddenly i was feeling Basorexia, an overwhelming desire to kiss and before i could process my thought his lips met mine. They were soft against mine. My lips started to move against his. It was so gentle and comfortable. Though it was a sheer moment kiss it felt right. My eyes closed the moment his lips met mine. I was savouring his taste. His fingers ran up and down my upper arm and other held me in place. We were like that for 30 seconds or so When he pulled back. He adjusted his coat and left. I was stunned to even move. My fingers repeatedly went to my lips and i couldn't stop the stupid grin of my face.
That's a progress i thought, smiling to myself and followed him inside.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
That's chapter 14 THE ENGAGEMENT-2 Kriti's p.o.v.
KISS AND ALL...that is definitely some progress kritika ;)

And ya..! Ya..! I am sorry i had exams externals... So i was busy... Please bear with me *puppy dog face* but yup I am back.
Ya.... Costumes at the side.......
Just show some love by hitting the vote and Guys....! Do let me know by a comment how is the story going...!

Keep smiling And keep reading.....!

Thank you
Love
Xoxoxoxo.