I couldn't resist it.

I stood up and took off the coat that they had given me before. I handed it to her "Put it on, it's getting cold and dark." She grabbed it from me and began to put it on while saying "Aren't you cold to? And what do we do now? Just stay here in the cold?"

If I'm being honest, I didn't know either. I didn't want to stay in the cold, but was there anywhere else we could go? "Uhm... I don't know-" she cut me off before I could finish my sentence. "What do you mean you don't know?" she said slightly yelling, I could see that she was starting to get mad. "You cut me off before I could finish, I don't know yet. Let me think." She looked down at the ground, daring not to make eye contact with me at the moment.

I tried not to look at her either, but I couldn't resist it. I stared at her, while thinking. I knew that we couldn't go our separate ways after this encounter because neither of us would make it out alive, I think she knew this too.

We couldn't go back to either of our houses because we had both given our addresses to the masked men. We weren't more than a mile away from the location we had run from, I could still see it from where I was standing.

"Did they inject you?" she said out of nowhere. I had been looking at the building in the distance, and jumped a little when I heard her voice. I looked over to her and she was already searching my eyes. I didn't know what to say. I looked in her eyes, they were dark brown, but really pretty.

I hesitated to answer still but then said "Ye-yeah." I could see a look of worry grow onto her face immediately "What's wrong?" I said. "We need to go, now." she said. She grabbed my wrist tightly and we started running further and further from the location.

We ran for miles, until the sun was gone. There was not even enough light left to see a few feet in front of us, but she kept on running. I stopped and pulled her towards me, this caused her to trip and fall into my chest.

She didn't get up fast though, it took her a moment to realize that it was me and not someone else. She got up and said "Sorry, uh memories flooded my brain." I didn't know what she meant by that but I didn't care. I spun her around with her hand above her head "No need to apologize."

She gave me a weird look but then sat down on the ground. "What are you doing on the ground?" I said. She looked at me, trying not to make eye contact and said "Sitting, obviously." I rolled my eyes and sat down next to her.

She moved closer to me and put her head on my shoulder, causing me to jump a little. I laid my head on top of hers, she put her arms around my stomach and fell asleep.