Chapter 3 - Her = mine

The masked men had started walking over to me. I wanted to find that girl after I got out of here. It sounds stupid, but I felt something between us. She seemed familiar in some way. I didn't know, my brain felt like it was being fogged with something, but I didn't know what.

I closed my eyes for a split second and the next thing I saw was a needle in my arm. I screamed at the top of my lungs not knowing what had just happened, and jumped up from the chair.

I felt my body about to collapse at its own weight, but I ignored the feeling. I needed to find her.

I sprint as fast as possible while feeling like I was about to pass out. I ran to the door and without a thought, darted out of it. The masked men raced after me, and I immediately knew I screwed up.

I continued running until I reached the parking lot, but still had no sign of the girl. I stood there for a second to catch my breath but was then tackled by 2 of the masked men. I didn't look as strong as I really was so I pushed them off of me and onto the ground.

I continued running straight for a few more minutes until I saw a girl wandering around, looking to be lost. I knew it was her. I smiled and ran up to her, not saying anything but just sitting on the same tree branch as her. She was throwing rocks into the lake ahead of us, not even acknowledging my presence. I don't blame her.

"Hey... uhm thanks for the advice back there, are you okay?" I said in a soft voice, trying not to pressure her into saying anything. "Yeah, uh I'm fine." She placed her left hand on her right wrist, and I knew something was wrong with it then.

"Is your wrist okay?" I said. "Uhh it's fine, just a little cut up." "Let me help you with it." I took off the lab coat they had given me before and ripped off part of the sleeve. "Here, put this on." I handed her the white fabric from my sleeve and she laid it on her wrist with a little bit of pressure.

"What's your name?" she said to me while still dabbing the blood off of her wrist, "Cobalt, Benjamin Cobalt. What about you, madam? I replied. She chuckled a little, "Okay, Benjamin, i'm Kendall, Jordan Kendall."