Mel turned her head, feeling a heated stare burning into her side. Brown eyes collide with ocean-blue, the siphon's heart skipping a beat as Niklaus Mikaelson's lips part, eyes trailing over her.

Mel hummed as she gazed over the hybrid's attire. A black suit, that fit him flawlessly with a white tie, dark blonde curls gelled back that Mel desired to run her hands through. She internally panicked as the hybrid began to saunter her way. Caroline nudges her, confused at her frozen stance until the blonde noticed the Original making his way to them. Solely focused on Mel.

"Good evening, Melinoe." He greets the siphon, lifting her hand and pressing a soft kiss on the back.

Mel cleared her throat, glad that she forewent blush and sending him a bewitching grin. "Good evening, Niklaus."

"You look absolutely stunning." He breathed.

"As you look handsome."

Caroline's eyes darted between the two, a groan leaving her lips as Klaus and Mel's eyes bore into one another's. Not another word said as they took in one another's presence.

"If you'll excuse us," Caroline interrupted their moment, pulling the siphon along towards the bar. "Mel promised me a drink."

Klaus's eyes followed her figure till she went out of sight, the siphon sending him an apologetic look over her shoulder.

"She's lovely, isn't she?" Kol comments behind his older brother. Klaus spun around coming face-to-face with Kol's devious grin.

Niklaus eyed him suspiciously, "She is."

"Not to mention, her excellent coffee making capabilities and sublime company in the morning." Kol says nonchalantly before spinning around and heading off, lips stretching into a smirk.

Niklaus barely resisted the urge to rip his brother's heart out.

"Uh, if everyone could gather, please." Elijah announces, tapping the side of his champagne glass with a knife, gaining everyone's attention. The rest of the Mikaelson clan joined him on the grand staircase. Mel and Coda stood side by side, eyeing the Original Witch who walked down the stairs from her secluded room.

Mel leaned closer towards her brother. "Y'know, for a supposed psychotic bitch, she's hot."

Coda snorted. "I'm sure your opinion will change the minute we inevitably have a conversation with her."

"Welcome, thank you for joining us." Elijah spoke, gesturing to his family, "You know, whenever my mother brings our family together like this, it's tradition for us to commence the evening with a dance. Tonight's pick is a centuries-old waltz, so if all of you could please find yourselves a partner, please join us in the ballroom."

Coda groans. "I'm not fucking dancing."

"Yes, you are." Caroline says, walking up to the twins, pulling the male siphoner along, Coda shoots his twin a pleading look, but Mel merely waves her fingers at him, a grin playing on her lips as he shoots her the middle finger.

"Hello, Mel." Niklaus appears beside her, sending a flutter through her stomach. "Would you like to dance?"

"Lead the way, Mr. Mikaelson." She smiles, taking his extended hand.