Chapter 9

Naruto sat silently. He couldn't understand. Didn't he just open his eyes? So why was everything still dark? He brought his own tan hands up to rub his eyes when he felt the problem. Something was covering them. Someone had put their hands over his eyes. He tried to move them away, but a harsh voice forced him to stop.

'Don't you dare move them."

It was Sasuke's voice coming from behind. And so Naruto obeyed the command. His hands dropped to his side to wait for the next thing.

"What the hell were you thinking?!" Sasuke yelled at Karin.

She jumped back a little at how bitter and angry the Uchiha's voice was.

"Sasuke-kun...I-"

"Did you learn nothing from what Sakura just did?! Are you that fucking retarded?!"

Now she didn't have a response.

"You do not do anything like that! Why the hell would I fall for a dipshit like you who can't even learn from others mistakes?!You're nothing but a selfish bitch that only wants a trophy boyfriend! Just like the other idiots around here! I don't want you to ever speak to me again!"

This was the harshest thing Sasuke had ever said to anyone. With tears in her eyes and her bottom lip quivering, Karin spun around and ran out the cafeteria cursing why she would do anything to make Sasuke hate her guts. Now with her out of the way, Sasuke put his attention back on the blonde.

"Are you done coughing?" he asked.

"Y-yeah, but you didn't have to say those-"

"We're getting you to the infirmary and getting a blindfold. Now stand up."

"What?! But why?!"

"Because you drank what was supposed to be a love potion, which I figure out from all her yelling and cussing at you. So we need a blindfold so you don't look at anyone. Now stand up so we can go see Shizune-sensei."

"No Sasuke! Let me go!"

"Dobe! I'm doing you a favor!"

Dobe. After a long week of Sasuke all over him and the terrible day he had yesterday, that name sounded like angelic chords to his ears. This was the Sasuke he wanted, and he wanted to see him. Now. Naruto tried tearing the pale hands off of his eyes, but Sasuke was determined to keep them on. But Sasuke's will was just mo match for the blonde's desire, and as soon as the hands were ripped off his face, Naruto held on tightly to those hands and spun around before he opened his eyes.

There he was. His eyes had no hatred or any source of coldness. In fact, his face had that little bit of color in it as he looked into the bright sapphire eyes with his onyx-black ones. But although he could see the pale handsome face in front of him, he still felt uncertain. This boy who was in front of him seemed no different from before, so why was Naruto feeling like this? But he had to be sure. He had to find an answer. The blonde wrapped his arms around Sasuke's neck, which shocked the raven enough for him to step back, but unable to escape the blonde's grasp. And before a word could be uttered, he was brought into a kiss.

Naruto could feel Sasuke's unchapped lips against his own and he could feel the heat from the raven's body. With everything that had happened, and with what Naruto was now feeling, the answer became clear. Naruto now knew how he was to react, how he was supposed to feel, and what Sasuke really meant to him. The tears ran down his sun-kissed cheeks as he pulled away and looked at the older boy, but never letting go of his neck and keeping the distance between them to a bare minimum. These words, no matter how hard he tried, couldn't be said so quietly. With all his might, he opened his mouth to say it, but it just came out as a hoarse scream rather than a whisper.