Chapter 3: We Meet Again

Start from the beginning

With my mom still holding onto me crying, I looked up to my father who had a subtle hint of joy in his face, but mainly his somber expression showed more due to the circumstances. Ever since me coming back here, I always stuck close to my Father, either by choice or subconsciously. I still blamed myself for his death and just couldn't let it go. So when I seen his younger and immature face compared to the last time I saw him, I couldn't help but cry and always be next to him for the past year. My mother might have felt ignored by my actions so I always tried to be with her just not as much as I did with dad though.

Breaking my train of thought, my father spoke with the same somber expression on his face.

"Hey little guy, do you remember what happened at all the last time you were up?" He asked in a soft tone.

I subtly nodded my head and responded, while keeping up my act.

"Yes dada, I formed a c-core inside me, but everyt-thing was dark." I answered.

"I see..." He stated as he narrowed his eyes, "Art, can you do what you did before and tell me what color you see?" He asked me

'I'm sure he means sense my core level, which I was planning on doing if they never came running in. After sensing my core I was shocked to say the least, my core had completely skipped all the stages and red and almost breaking into solid orange. How though? All I did was form it I didn't even bother gathering any extra mana to help develop my core. That was until I realized, around my dark orange core, I saw a barely noticeable hint of purple, and noticed it was drawing more mana particles into my core, not as fast as normal meditation but just enough to make a difference, even when you wouldn't yourself.'

Still acting like I was sensing my core to make my father believe I was struggling I mentally spoke to Regis.

'Hey float around my mana core and tell me if you can interact with it.' Was all I told him, as he did.

'Nothing to crazy honestly Art, all I can do is absorb the little Aether entering the core, however someone took my rights away from absorbing what makes me a Majestic Wolf.' 

Mentally rolling my eyes at my sensitive pup, I told him he's allowed to only absorb the Aether flowing into my mana core and nothing else. As he did it I noticed my mana core stopped improving.

I let out a sigh and spoke out loud.

"Dark orange, dada! With a lot of cracks!" I said with a little to much enthusiasm, completely forgetting I'm supposed to be cold.

My Mother leaned back, shocked at what I yelled. While my Father on the other hand was more enthusiastic as I previously had acted.

"As expected of my boy, I can't wait to start your training on our trip!" He exclaimed loudly. 

"Rey! He just woke up leave him be!" My Mother chastised my Father, leaving him only smiling at the thought.

 I guess we'll be heading to Xyrus around the same time as before which made it easier for me. However, why so soon technically? He hadn't even trained me to know I knew more than him and from what I know the Twin Horns aren't anywhere close to us, so I asked.

"What trip dada?"

"Glad you asked Art, I seen you're core was at the light red stage half a year ago, with a lot of cracks but couldn't sense it after that, who would have thought you broke through to another stage. So we decided, you should learn from people far stronger than I, in Xyrus City, mainly the Academy. We'll be traveling with an old Adventuring group your Mom and I were apart of before your birth. They had stayed close by doing small quests to wait for you to wake up and go to Xyrus with us. I'll contact them first thing in the morning and we'll be ready to go by the end of the week." He said without skipping or stuttering over his own words, as if they were rehearsed.