Chapter 3: We Meet Again

Arthur POV:

I woke up on my bed, although I swore I remember being in an open field, mending my mana core. I sense Regis and called out to him with, odd enough no response. What the hell is his problem? Even if he's in a deep sleep within me. He always responded, so this silent treatment of his was purposeful, and rather annoying at best.'

I did the only thing I knew was best and cut off his Aether supply, to then launch him out of my body onto the floor.

'Hey! You know you don't always have to be rough with me right? Things still hurt me sentient or not.' He mentally spoke to me while licking his "hurting wounds".

'Well I wasn't expecting the only one I could really talk to, ignore me while I'm in this current confused state.' I rebuked with a hint of annoyance in my tone.

'Yeah, yeah whatever helps you sleep at night Princess. I only ignored you because I believe it's better if you heard it from your parents.' 

My parents? So they're the reason I'm in my room? How though? 

The reason I even chose to go so far away was to avoid damaging the house again from forming my core. Yet they still managed to find me so quickly. Hundreds of questions were racing through my head, with only answers I could think of that would only produced more questions. 

"Oh come on, it's not to complex to understand! You formed you're core and your Father carried your unconscious body to the house!" Regis yelled which shocked me.

However when I looked at my bond, I couldn't help but focus behind him. Where my window was, why is it open? Not that the chill air from the winter air bothered me but....... 

WAIT! Winter?! and why is it that my window has cracks all over it? Looking more like a hard boiled egg being tampered with. It was just the middle of spring, so why is there snow outside? Even more questions raced in my mind than before Regis's out burst.

Before I could even ask him what he meant earlier, I sensed 2 people running towards my room fast. Presumably my Mother and Father.

'REGIS! Come inside me NOW!' I mentally yelled at my bond

'Gross when you word it like th-' Before he could even finish I cut him off

'NOW!' I yelled, then so he did a second later.

Moments later my room door was rammed open by a ferocious hungry beast. However, my eyes adjusted and realized it was just my crying Mother, with my Father close behind her.

Playing on the act that I'm still 3, I said what any 3 year old would have said.

"Hi mama, dada, wh-what's wong? Why it's so c-co-cold in here?" I said while also forcing a shiver and chattering teeth.

'Ya'know if you do ever get reincarnated back onto Earth, you should become an actor. You're really good at it, hehe.' Regis mentally spoke with a little chuckle.

 'Quit it Regis' was all I said and immediately cut off his Aether supply again for the second time today, which was followed by him calling me rude.

Our mental scuffle ended after being interrupted by my Mother.

"OH BABY!! I'm glad you're awake it's been so long I thought you'd never wake up!!" My Mother yelled while being way to close to my ears.

Her voice could have permanently damaged a normal baby my ages ears, if I hadn't augmented them in time I might have suffered the same fate. Although what she said might have scared a normal 3 year old, I'm still a reincarnate technically for the 3rd time. It did confirm that time went by fast from when I formed my core and recently woken up. So why was I asleep for almost half a year?