T W O

٭ Chapter  2,  meeting the villagers ٭

[ Encre's POV ]
-----------------------

   "Azure!" I called for his attention, he looked over to me very quickly. When he stopped to look at me, I walk over, pushing the baby carriage as well.

   "Salut Encre! Comment allez-vous, et est-ce votre fils? J'ai beaucoup entendu parler du nouveau bébé du village." He smiled as he watched me walk over.

   "Oui, je l'ai présenté à mes amis. Ça doit être rapide car je veux voir Rufous, Simon et Orion." I told him, a smile on my face.

   "Bien sûr, je dois retourner à mes fonctions de garde de toute façon." He answered. After that we talked for a bit.

   When we parted ways, I ran into someone. "Ah! Sorry sir, I wasn't looking where I was going." The cloaked skeleton said.

   They looked at Jasper, and their eyes widened. "Uuh, Please come with me.." I said, they obviously know Jasper's a vampire, and I don't want to endanger him.

   I lead the mysterious skeleton back to my house. The others will have to wait minute. Mollie sniffed the new skeleton, not at all afraid.

   When we got inside I spoke. "You know he's one?" The skeleton flinched, but then removed their cloak. Mollie sat down peacefully next to them.

   "Hello, my name is Songe. And I'm a member of the vampire council." The skeleton introduced himself in a hushed voice. "You have the prince, do you know what happened to the king?" He asked me.

   I frowned, "Something happened at the castle, he sent Jasper here so that the hunters couldn't find him.." I said.

   Songe looked down, "If you have the prince, it's not safe for either of you in this mortal village." He said.

   "I will be taking you to my brother and mine's kingdom." He continued. 

   "Nonononono! I can't leave the village! I need to stay incase Fal comes back here! I also have many friends here that I don't want to leave, and I said I'd help my friend in the bakery tomorrow." I argued, speaking in a hushed voice.

   Songe frowned for a second, looking at Jasper. Jasper began giggling, making me smile. I pulled him up out of the stroller, and held him in my arms.

   "Where'd you get the cloaks? They don't make those in such small sizes." Songe asked me, causing me to smile.

   "I made it." I informed him, causing him to look surprised for a second. "Would you mind making one for me?" He asked, in a gentle tone.

   "Why, yes. Of course. I have a bit to do during the rest of the week... You will be able to pick it up on err.. Lundi, 4 days from now. Day or night is up to you." I smiled, saying the week day in French, as I forgot the word in English..

   He smiled at me. "If the king trusts you with his son's life, then I will as well." He spoke, and left through the front door.

   'Oups. J'ai oublié de demander quelle couleur il voulait...' I thought, watching him walk away. I had walked out the door behind him, I decided to leave Mollie inside again, she is a little too hyper today.