District 12

I start panicking. Being back on this train is bringing back memories.

Finnick notices and wraps his arms around me.

"I can't...I can't..." I can't even finish my sentence before I start struggling to breath.

"Annie listen to me you're ok, you aren't going back, I won't let it happen. Just take deep breaths," he tells me.

I do what he says and my breathing calms down.

At District 12
When we arrive at District 12, we get escorted off the train and into the Justice Building.

The mayor calls me onto the stage and I walk out and see everyone staring at me.

I look at the families of the tributes and it starts getting harder to breathe. I can't catch my breath and I can't speak.

I feel like I'm suffocating. My vision starts to get blurry and I take off running back into the justice building.

I fall to my knees and I feel people pull my arms but I can't breathe and I can't scream. I can't do anything.

Finnick's POV
When I see Annie run back into the justice building. I quickly apologize for it and run into the justice building to see Annie being pulled back by peacekeepers.

I walk up to them and convince them to let her go. Annie falls to her knees covering her ears with her hands and has her eyes shut with tears rolling down her cheeks.

I kneel down in front of her and start gently talking to her.

I hate seeing her like this and I hate that she has to go through this.

I take her hands and gently pull them away from her ears as I keep talking to her.

When she opens her eyes, I see the fear in them.

Annie's POV
I open my eyes and see Finnick.

He wipes the tears from my face even though more fall.

"Finnick I can't do this. I can't do any of it," I tell him.

"Yes you can, Annie. All you have to do is read the cards Aria gave you. I wish I could do it for you but I can't," he tells me with sympathy in his eyes.

"Finnick my panic attacks are getting worse and their not getting any better. I can't do this!" I tell him.

"Yes you can! Just look at the cards and read them then it'll be over," he tells me.

I nod and we stand up.

I walk back out and I walk over to the microphone and I start reading the cards.

When I finish we get excused and we go back to the train.