Becoming a Victor

After a few hours I start hearing something that sounds like water.

I laugh then cry then laugh again.

I don't know what is wrong with me but I can't stop laughing or crying.

I see a parachute falling and it lands in my lap. I open it and see a note.

Annie,
You need to calm down. I know what you saw was overwhelming when Luke died but you need to calm down. The gamemakers are sending a wave into the arena and it's going to wipe out everything. You need to get ready to swim.
Love,
Finnick

I start shivering and then I see it. A huge wave of water and I hear screams. I take off running.

I get swept up in the water and my body instantly feels the freezing water. My body wants to drown and die but I know I made a promise to Finnick that I would win this and come back to him.

I start swimming and then the water goes away.

I look around confused and then I hear it.

"ANNIE CRESTA FROM DISTRICT 4 WINNER OF THE 70TH HUNGER GAMES!!" I hear.

I won the games.

I see the hovercraft coming and then I pass out.

Back at the Capital
When I wake up, I'm in a white hospital looking room. I hear talking and then I'm back in the arena.

I see Luke getting his head cut off.

I put my hands over my ears and close my eyes tightly. I scream and scream. I feel arms wrap around me.

"Annie hey shh you're safe, you're not in the arena anymore," I hear. I slowly remove my hands from my ears and open my eyes to see the ocean blue eyes that I love.

"Annie you're safe," he tells me.

"Finn?" I ask making sure I'm not dreaming.

"Yes it's me and you're no longer in the arena. You won the games, Annie," he tells me with a smile.

I try to smile but can't do it.

"So can we go back home?" I ask him.

"Not yet. You still have your interview with Caeser then your crowning ceremony then we can go back home," he tells me.

"Can I at least get out of here?" I ask him.

He nods and helps me out of the bed. My legs start shaking when I stand so Finnick picks me up and carry's me.

He takes me to the fourth floor and takes me to my room. He lays me down on my bed.

"Annie I know what happened in the games traumatized you. The doctor told me that you have PTSD. He gave me some medicine that you need to take every night," Finnick tells me.

He sits on the edge of the bed. I feel tears flow down my cheeks.

He cups both of my cheeks in his hands and wipes the tears with his thumbs.

"Annie I'm so proud of you!" Finnick tells me.

I hear him but not really. I stare at the wall not paying attention to anything around me. All I want is to go home. I hate it here!

"Annie?" Finnick says.

I look at him.

He gives a sympathetic look.

Tears threaten to spill out of my eyes.

Finnick pulls into a hug and kisses my cheek.

"Hey I'm not going let anything happened to you ever again," he whispers in my ear.

I sit there staring at the wall.

I'm back in the arena; hearing scream after scream.

I put my hands over my ears; closing my eyes tightly and scream.

I feel my throat become raw. It starts hurting to swallow.

I hear the gentle voice I fell in love with telling me everything is ok and that I'm safe.

An hour later
Eventually I calm down. I'm on Finnick's lap as he holds me.

I hear a knock on the door.

I look up and see Mags walk in followed by my prep team.