15.

♧♢♤

♧♢♤

𝕯𝖊𝖑𝖆𝖓𝖊𝖞 𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖚𝖌𝖍𝖙 her name and title was famous and roaming only in Ketterdam she never thought that it would reach everywhere in every city, it reached the king and the Darkling, of course, everyone knew that she crossed the Fold by foot at the age of 8, was adopted by a creepy family and basically was treated as a powerful queen once she became a teenager.

She may be powerful, but they didn't know what happened in the Fold and how she crossed it and with who.

People only saw her as a criminal and how she broke the stupid rules, but no one, ever dared or decided to see how kind she really was and how traumatized she is, starting from a very young age. Imagine seeing your mother getting ripped apart in front of your eyes at the age of eight?

what's your reaction? how will you live your life peacefully?

General Kirigan on the other hand knew. him only.

Inej, was the only one who was kind to her and didn't care about her whole killing thing, she wanted to see her kind side, she wanted to be her friend maybe become her family, who know?, she could still remember the day they met each other, a man was trying to get her attention even if she said a hundred of times 'no', he didn't care, until Delaney came and pushed him away from both the girls path, "when a woman says no, she fucking mean it." 

♧♢♤

"Two hours after sunset is when you'll go in, Jesper. You'll need to blend it." Jesper nodded with a proud grin of course it was easy for him, "the lightning valves are on the second floor." Jesper did as told, every single light turned off as Inej and Delaney ran quietly on the roofs, Delaney was the lead with Inej running beside. Sliding down the rope quietly Delaney looked around to see if someone is there just instead, looking up at Inej she nodded before slowly following Kaz trail's straight to the blueprints, her steps were quiet like a feather falling to the ground with Inej behind her like a shadow. 

"The archivist has to pull them a number of times a day, so we can't steal them or they'll know something is up." Kaz words echoed around her mind as she crouched in front of a drawer opening it, pulling out a blueprint.

Delaney sat on the ground with the paper in front of her, she was concentrated, her frown got even deeper as she put her hand out, Inej immediately listened before taking out a paper handing it to the girl watching closely as the black-haired girl worked on copying the paper, "But be careful. If you're heavy-handed, you'll bleed the ink." Kaz words once again echoed in her head as she slowly yet gently placed the empty paper on top of the other, pressing it softly before tearing the paper away from the real blueprint, staring proudly at the very well done copy she rolled the paper before putting it back inside the leather tube bag putting it around her shoulder before getting up.

Inej was in awe at how perfectly she copied the paper but said nothing, both the girls made their way towards the still hanged rope grabbing it tightly, "the valve was turned off! I don't know how!" the guard yelled from behind as both the girls head snapped towards the sound watching as the light turned on, grabbing the rope in her hand Delaney and Inej hid behind a drawer looking at each other in silence. 

The guard walked with Delaney and Inej following behind like shadows following his movement skillfully, it was like a dance to them except they had to be quiet. Hiding behind either side of the desk the guard turned around looking if someone was there, Delaney held a dagger in her hand and Inej held another between her fingers, "anything?" one of the guards asked the man they were following who shrugged his shoulder while shaking his head, "nothing." Delaney rolled her eyes at the conversation, 'they really suck at their job, don't they?' she thought to herself with a scoff before following Inej who tried to open the gate with a sigh. "Shit!" both the girls muttered under their breaths.

Jesper whistling snapped them out of thoughts as they turned around looking at Jesper strangely, "Move!" he pointed to the other direction watching as the two girls slid away from the gates watching as he twirled the gun in his hand pointing it, the clock chiming and the gunshot hit at the same time, the gates opened as Delaney sent him a wink before walking away, opening the door the girl put her arm out stopping Inej from moving any further, clenching the knife tightly in her hand Delaney slowly made her way toward the man about to attack until he pulled out a cane.

The crow cane she always wanted to beat Kaz Brekker with and the familiar gloves.

Putting her weapon away, Delaney looked him up and down with a raised eyebrow and a teasing grin, "Bit slow on the draw there. By the way, you look ridiculous wearing blue and yellow." she spoke teasingly while taking the hood off, "or just in time." Kaz replied back with a small smirk on his lips before walking away with all the three behind. Jesper had his arm wrapped around her shoulder while wiggling his eyebrows, "What?" Delaney stared at him weirdly.

♧♢♤

The morning came in a blink of an eye, another day where Delaney couldn't sleep well, and Kaz was watching her gulp down the 5th cup of coffee, it was bitter and it woke her up.

Delaney stood beside Kaz while leaning in to take a look at the copy proudly watching as they tried to find a way in, "There is no way in." this made her confused putting down the mug Delaney stood on her tiptoes before leaning in to look at the blueprint, her hair falling to the side and brushing against Kaz's wrist, her hair was so soft and a beautiful black color, Kaz looked down watching as the black haired girl stood on her tiptoes to look at the paper, it was adorable, Kaz tried to fight the urge of smiling with a shake of his head, 'Shut up Brekker, you need to fucking concentrate' he thought while looking back at the paper, "and no way out." Kaz replied to Inej, "well, I thought this plan might not work." the conductor finally spoke after staying silent the whole time, an acrobat yelping suddenly snapped them out of thoughts as they looked behind them. the crowd exclaiming behind as Delaney raised her eyebrow suspiciously, "Damn, broken legs."