Chapter 29: Just bring me home

Before you read: I just wanted to explain some things as some of you didn't really understand what I was saying. First, I will NOT stop uploading on Wattpad. If nothing is wrong with Wattpad a full version of chapter 28 is uploaded. It literally says 'Chapter 28 (full chapter)'. I will keep uploading here. It's just if you want to read ahead you can become my Patreon and see the future chapters ahead. You don't HAVE to become a Patreon, it's up to you. But I would really appreciate it as I put a lot of time into my stories. Again, I won't hold it against you. I don't have money to read all the things I want and have to make choices too. 

Second, because I want to keep my Patreon up to date I will upload more frequently and not be like uploading a couple of chapters and then be gone for months. I think I will upload every Wednesday and Friday for this book until it's finished.

Derek p.o.v

Driving through the neighborhood brought back childhood memories. I grew up in a neighborhood like this. It wasn't easy to see. You could feel and see the hardships of the people that were living here. 

We had just arrived at the house Rose was supposed to be at. Excitement and nerves coursed through my body. I wanted to see how she was doing. According to the two private detectives I hired, this was her father's house. I was afraid she was hurt but wanted to remain positive. 

I wanted to leave the car immediately, but the detectives advised against it. They didn't know in what state her father was in and for our safety and Rose's they wanted to wait first. 

This got me agitated. We couldn't wait. We had to see if Rose was all right. 

Nathan tried to calm me down and keep me seated but I wasn't having it. Against everyone's words, I opened my car door. This resulted in the others following me as well. 

Before we even could make a move towards the house. We saw the front door opening. All of us stopped in our tracks and held our breaths. 

What we saw next was heartbreaking. I heard someone in distress and before I could make out what was happening, Rose was being thrown around like some rug on the harsh sidewalk. Tears streamed down her face and it looked like she was in pain. 

"Get me my beers or stay away, you bitch!" 

My anger started to boil up. This filthy bastard. How dare he lay his hands on Rose. 

I saw red. 

The only thought on my mind was beating the living shit out of him. He did not deserve to stay alive. 

Nathan held me back, though. I know he wanted to try to deescalate the situation, but I wasn't having it. 

The moment Rose ley her eyes on us, I could see her eyes coming to life. She immediately got up and tried to make her way over to us. But she couldn't, her pathetic excuse of a father was holding her back, trying to bring her inside of the house.

He started to scream, "Who are you people?!"

I had no idea how Nathan remained calm, but somehow he did as he answered in a controlled manner, "People who care for the young lady behind you, that you are harming at the moment." 

"Get away from me! Don't stick your rich ass noses in other people's business!" 

He started to drag Rose closer and closer to their house. I couldn't let this happen. My body started to move forward. Wanting nothing more than to help the young girl I took into my house months ago. 

Rose didn't deserve this. She deserved so much more. 

With all her power Rose started to fight back and I couldn't be prouder. I didn't need to help her as her father tripped and Rose managed to get out of his grip.