rain story. [ jotaro kujo ]

stardust crusaders spoilers below. (apparently i like to make jotaro sad)

"Hey."

Your neck craned, peering over your left shoulder. A figure, tall and looming, stood behind you. His hat covered his eyes as he nodded towards your foot.

"Your shoe's untied. Be careful."

Looking down, you saw it is, laces dirtied from the mud. It rained the past couple of days. You should wash them.

"Oh, thank you."

He walked away.

Those were the first words you and Jotaro Kujo exchanged.

It's raining again. Well, it just started to rain.

You tugged your backpack over your head as a makeshift umbrella. You left yours at home, it was supposed to be sunny. Silently, you cursed to yourself as you skipped over puddles, trying to get home as quickly as you could. You couldn't afford a new pair of shoes again after your old pair were tarnished by the mud.

The gentle beating of the rain on your knuckles stopped abruptly. You looked forward in confusion, seeing the rain hasn't stopped quite yet. Removing your bag from your head, your eyes met, along with the black umbrella that suddenly appeared over you.

His eyes were a crystal shade of blue, almost illuminating like lanterns as he looked down to meet your stare. A canopy of dark lashes shaded his eyes, raindrops stuck in their thickness. His gaze was intense, like freshly sharpened knives that drilled into your skin. It was your first time seeing his eyes. His whole face, actually.

You swallowed. "Thanks."

He hummed, vibrating low in his chest. The conversation ended.

Jotaro walks with you till you approach your front doorstep. You slipped beneath the overhang of your front porch, while he stands under his umbrella. His hat doesn't hide his face anymore, and you watched as his eyes searched your face, waiting for a reaction, waiting for you to speak.

"Um," you cleared your throat, "Thanks a lot. You didn't need to do that."

You saw a hint of a smile, or possibly you were imagining it. The cold weather was getting to your head.

"Of course," he said. The baritone of his voice shook low in his chest. He nodded, then went on his way.

The following day, you find him beside you in class.

Jotaro tended to sit a couple of seats from you, down the back row to your left. Upon walking into class, you see the seat beside you is vacant, the boy who used to sit beside you now being at the end of the row. Your brows furrowed in confusion. Before you had the chance to stand up and ask, the vacant seat beside you was filled.

Slowly, your eyes panned up. Chin tucked against his chest, Jotaro sat beside you. His eyes were locked on his desk. He could feel you staring, probably. You should say something.

"Like my company that much, huh?"

That was probably not the best thing to say.

He slowly looked up, gaze locking with yours. You swallowed nervously, he was the last person you'd want to upset. You've heard about the fights he'd been in, the things he's called girls who get on his nerves.

A grin tugs at the corner of his lips as his head turns away.

You laugh, relief flooding your body like a tsunami. "So you do!"

His eyes roll as he turns back to you, though the grin stays stapled onto his face. He was handsome when he smiled. You thought he was handsome, anyway.