can't sleep without you. [ jotaro kujo ]

cursor blinking. your nail's tapping against your mouse, the time flashing from the alarm clock on the corner of your desk. 2:46 . you groan, leaning back in your chair, your hands dragging down your face before plopping in your lap. sighing, you open your eyes, looking directly at your computer screen.

you've been working on this stupid article for almost six hour. for some reason, the words have left your brain, leaving an empty canvas in your head. it was a big one, a front page article for a huge fashion magazine, and you waited until a week before the due date to begin. you didn't even get to eat with jotaro, having to eat in your office as you struggled to pull ideas from your head. he checked up on you every now and then, but that was the most you saw of him the entire day. both of you having time consuming jobs, it seemed like less and less you were able to see him.

"fucking hell," you mutter to yourself, a yawn slipping through.

your hands hover over the keyboard, practically begging the gears to turn. you're getting insanely tired-- three cups of coffee didn't do shit-- and all you want is to get into bed with your husband and sleep. your head falls onto the desk, and you let out a sigh you weren't aware you were holding in, letting your arms fall limp beside you.

"babe?"

the deep baritone causes your head to snap up, your chin catching the lip of the desk. you hiss, cupping the sore area, the man in your doorway wincing. once the pain's faded to a slight throb, you look back up to find jotaro leaning against the doorframe, his arms crossed over his chest.

"hi, did i wake you?" you ask softly, resting your chin on the palm of your hand.

jotaro shakes his head, walking towards you before coming to the side of your desk chair, peering down at you. a large hand finds your hair, pushing the messy locks from your tired eyes, nails gently scratching at your scalp.

"no, you didn't. i just can't sleep without you beside me.'

your heart feels like it's gonna beat out of your chest, heat crawling up your neck. you grin gently, pressing your cheek against his bare stomach, arms coming around his waist.

"that's sweet of you, but are you okay?"

he frowns, brows knit in the center. "yeah, of course. why?"

you shrug. "you're just normally not this... how do i put it... affectionate with your words?"

jotaro scoffs, you can feel it against you as his abs contract. "noted," he hums, pulling your face from his stomach to look at you, and you can't help but swoon. he looks so sleepy, blue eyes droopy with slumber, his black hair disheveled and hanging in his face, a pout on his lip. you can tell there's something on his mind, so you poke his side to get his attention.

"you wanna say something, don't you? go on," your tone is soft and gentle, gazing up at him.

jotaro's pout grows larger, and he looks away dismissively, a faint pink on his cheeks. "it's... it's nothing, really."

you roll your eyes. "obviously it is. c'mon, jotaro, you know i won't judge." you tease, kissing his tummy.

he bites the inside of his cheek, looking anywhere but you, his deep and normally confident voice barely over a mumble. "can you hold me?"

grinning ear to ear, you squeal, pulling him tighter to you, earning a surprised grunt. "'course i can! c'mere." you motion to your lap, arms wide.

jotaro's eyes almost pop out of their socket, face flushing in embarrassment. "w-what? no, not here, idiot! in bed, or something. i'm not gonna sit on your fucking lap."

he sounds like a whiny puppy , you think as you tug at his arm, rolling your eyes with a grin. "c'mon, please? this is a big chair, plus i have to finish this article. don't worry about hurting me or anything.

you can tell your words have reassured him, his hand grasping your forearm, his knee rising onto the seat. "are you sure?" he sounds so quiet , it's adorable.

you snort, pinching his arm gently. "yes, 'course i am. i wouldn't offer if i wasn't sure."

jotaro sighs, taking a deep breath before he slowly clambers onto the seat. you can tell he's nervous, his lip trapped between his teeth, hands shaky. he's hovering over you, a death grip on the back of the chair.

you glare up at him, turning the chair back to face the desk before gripping his waist, forcing him to lower down onto you. his eyes widen as his ass makes contact with your thighs, but he begins to ease in, the warmth and plush of your body welcoming him. this isn't too bad , he thinks, hands slowly winding around your neck.

"comfy now?" you ask, looking up at him.

jotaro's still visibly embarrassed, but he's growing more comfortable with it, body slouching against you. "yeah... yeah i'm good."

you give him a soft smile before kissing his pulse point. "good. i'm gonna start writing again, okay? just let me know if you get uncomfortable." you assure him.

your arms come around his waist, head propping on his shoulder as you reach for the keyboard. jotaro nods gently, shifting in your lap before he moves his arms around your waist, deeming it more comfortable. he understands why you like this so much. you're so warm and comfy, better than any chair he's sat his ass on.

his head lowers with a soft grin, resting on your shoulder as only the sound of your heartbeat and the keys clacking fill his ears. it lulls him to sleep, his quiet snoring making you beam as you work.

you've never written a better article. it not only made it to the front page but landed multiple amazing reviews and recommendations. maybe jotaro should use you as a chair more often.