𝒙𝒗𝒊. two shots of vodka

❛ are we gonna make out or not? ❜

ONCE MONA AND BILLY LEFT THE RINK, the first thing Mona did was scold him.

"Did you really have to bring up the fact that I've mentioned her to you?" Mona brought a hand to her head. "That's so embarrassing," she muttered.

Billy side-eyed her with a smile. "What? She might be my future daughter-in-law one day."

"Dad!" Mona covered her face with her hands. "No. I already told you that me and Tory are nothing serious."

He raised a hand in surrender. "Alright, alright. Sorry. She seems like a nice girl, though."

Mona tilted her head. "...That's one way to put it."

Billy turned his head to her for a moment, sighing. She reminded him so much of Lorraine, both by her looks and her personality.

"So, uh, listen," he cleared his throat, looking back at the road. "I might have to go out of town for a few days on business. Do you think you can survive on your own?"

Mona looked over at him with a frown. School was starting in a few days. Was he really going to be gone for her first day of school.

"I mean, I'm sure I can manage, but how long are you gonna be gone?" she questioned in response.

Billy pulled into the driveway of their home. "Three days, tops. I'll leave you as much money as you need, and I guess... you can invite a friend over if you want."

Mona liked the sound of that, but she was still not thrilled about her father leaving for that long.

They both got out of the car and headed into the house through the garage door.

Following behind Billy, Mona called, "Dad?"

"Yeah?" He stopped, turning to face her.

She folded her arms, chewing her inner lip. "School starts in three days."

The look on Billy's face told Mona that he had obviously forgotten. She pursed her lips, shifting her weight as she waited for him to say something.

"Shit– I-I mean, shoot," Billy pinched the bridge of his nose. "I completely forgot."

She raised her head, tapping her foot irritably.

"Alright. I'm gonna go make a call really quick. I'll figure something out."

Mona watched him walk away, rolling her eyes. She walked to her room, pulling off the leather jacket and her boots.