𝒙𝒗. 80's night

❛ there's nothing i love more than proving a boy wrong

❛ there's nothing i love more than proving a boy wrong. ❜

IT TOOK MONA A SECOND TO NOTICE the bruise on her dad's face the next morning.

Mona walked into the kitchen and passed her dad, opening the fridge. Then, she closed the fridge and did a double take.

"Dad? What happened to you?"

Billy nervously looked away, refusing to meet his daughter's eyes.

"It's– it's nothing. Don't worry about it."

Mona stood there, the frown on her face growing deeper. She was puzzled, and quite honestly more than concerned.

Even if she didn't like him, Billy was still her father.

"Dad..." Mona trailed off, shaking her head slowly. "Are we in danger or something?"

"No," he sharply replied, turning his head at once to meet Mona's eyes. "No. You're just fine."

Mona noticed that he said 'you' rather than 'we', but she dismissed it.

"O-Okay."

She grabbed an orange juice out of the fridge, returning to her room to change clothes and get ready for practice.

The bruise was bothering her. Mona kept glancing at Billy on the ride to the dojo, taking note of the particular marks it had.

"See you in a bit," he said as they pulled up.

Mona only nodded, gathering her stuff and getting out of the car.

She walked into Cobra Kai, trying to forget about Billy for now. Mona wondered who would still be mad at her today.

"Hey."

Mona looked up, nearly running into Tory. She chewed her inner gum.

"Hi."

Tory twisted her fingers. "I wanted to apologize. I'm sorry for assuming something that I didn't even know was true."

Mona smiled softly. "It's okay, trust me. I don't think you did anything wrong."

Glancing down briefly, Tory slowly started to smile.

"You know, I don't do apologies very often."

Mona chuckled a bit. "I think I could've guessed that. But I like that about you."

She reached over, nudging Tory lightly. Miguel was watching from beside Aisha, but Mona did not even look in his direction. After their argument yesterday, Mona figured it was only a matter of time before he came and gave her an apology as well.