overworked. [ josuke higashikata ]

you really should stop sometime soon, but you can't.

your hand's cramping to the point the throbbing shoots up your forearm, back aching so bad you swear you've aged forty years. your lips are bitten and raw, the side of your hand and wrist smudged with the graphite of your pencil. empty cups and wrappers scatter your desk and the ground around you, your hoodie long discarded from over your t-shirt. you're so close to being finished, so close to completion, and you refuse to stop till it's done.

a weight on your shoulder. "still workin'?"

you sigh. "yeah, 'm almost done, though."

josuke hums, gently pushing your arms up so he can wind his own around your waist. "you should take a break."

"can't."

he frowns. josuke's hands find way under your shirt, thumbs gently pressing and circling on your skin, and you can't suppress the pleased hum that leaves your lips. he's watching you work your pencil over the paper, shaking your hand out every now and then to try to relieve the tense knots growing.

"get up. you're done for now."

you can only scoff, not bothering to look at your boyfriend over your shoulder. "nice try, josuke. let me finish and then i'll g-- ack !"

your chair's spun around and in a flash you're over josuke's shoulder, an arm wrapped over your lower back to keep you in place. he's walking towards your bed, mumbling under his breath, something along the lines of his "idiot girlfriend."

"put me the fuck down, higashikata!" you growl, whacking your hand against his backside.

"shut the hell up and let me take care of you." he snaps, the already low baritone of his voice dropping. you obey, closing your mouth with a scowl, wrapping your arms around his hips and resting your cheek on his skin.

gently, you're tossed onto your bed with a bounce. you frown up at him, crossing your legs. he mirrors your expression, crossing his arms, though he opts to point a finger at you.

"stop overworkin' yourself." he puncuates his words with a thrust of his finger, brows neatly set in the middle.

this time, you mimic him, pointing your own finger at him. "don't tell me what to do."

josuke groans in annoyance, head rolling back dramatically before he falls forward, placing his hands on either side of your thighs. your noses are practically touching, his hair brushing your forehead.

"can ya let me fuckin' care about you? it's seriously gettin' annoying having to watch you stay up late drawing. like, seriously, take a nap or somethin'. do ya even sleep?"

you stare at his face, a smile struggling to stay down before you burst out laughing. he frowns even more, though he's more confused than annoyed now by the fact that you're laughing in his face. "the hell are ya laughin' about?"

you snort, turning your face away from him as you wave a hand dismissively, still giggling uncontrollably. josuke scoffs, knocking your hand away and gripping your face and angling you back to him. "tell me!" he whines.

"you looked so cute saying that," you admit, giggling. he deadpans. "l-like, like a confused puppy or something."

you're laughing again and josuke's red , his ears flushing pink. he doesn't know how to react, though he settles on turning you back to him once more. when you open your mouth to speak, he presses his lips to yours. you're taken back at first but quickly relax into it, slipping your arms around his neck and tugging him closer, desperate to feel more of his lips. a hand finds your waist, the other on your thigh for stability, his mouth gently moving against you. it's relaxing, and it has your aching muscles being forgotten, mind set on josuke.

he pulls away much to your dismay and you frown, twirling a strand of hair on his nape. he pokes your nose before speaking.

"overwork yourself again and i'm breakin' up with you."

you laugh, pecking his lips. "promise i won't. just for you, josuke."