Closing her eyes, Erica finally pushed off. She swung out, hands grasping desperately for the safety line. Coach grappled with the cord, managing to ease her down before helping her out of the harness. She slowly turned to face the stares, some with pity in their eyes, some finding amusement in the situation. 

"That's it, Erica. Shake it off." Coach said and a few kids laugh, as she walked away. 

🦎 

Derek Hale walked out of Erica's hospital room and started walking down the hall. He was about to walk past a room but slowed slightly when he heard a girl with a british accent talk. 

"So it's back?" Nabina Rai asked as she sat on the bed, her mother, Saanvi Rai, standing in front of her with a defeated look on her face. "It is..." Saanvi said, while Nabina had a British accent, her mother had a Nepali accent. Nabina nodded slightly before taking a deep breath, "And it's worse than it was the last time." She said and her mother sighed and shook her head. 

"I didn't say that." Saanvi said and Nabina raised her eyebrows, "Āmā, I've been having trouble walking for the past month. I mean- I had to use a wheelchair just to get to this room because I couldn't walk." Nabina said and Saanvi sighed softly. "We haven't figured out yet if we're gonna be able to remove it yet." Saanvi said, making Nabina suck in a deep breath as she glanced down. 

A tear started to fall down Nabina's cheek making her quickly wipe it away. "Hey." Saanvi said, making her daughter look back up at her. "Have faith, okay? You've gone through this before, you can do it again. I'm going to go talk to the other Doctors and when I'm done then we can go home." Saanvi said and Nabina nodded slightly before her mother kissed the top of her head then started to walk away. 

Nabina took a deep breath before she reached out to grab her phone, her arm shaking as she did so making her sigh in frustration and set her phone back down. 

"Don't panic." A voice said, making Nabina jump and look over to see Derek standing in the doorway. "Who the hell are you?" Nabina asked, eyeing him warily as he walked in and closed the door behind him. "My name's Derek Hale." He said before grabbing her medical chart at the end of her bed. 

"Cerebellum brain tumor?" Derek asked as he glanced at her and Nabina sighed deeply and shrugged slightly. "Well, I've got nothing to lose so why not tell a creepy stranger all about my medical story..." Nabina muttered before looking at him. "It makes pretty much all my muscles weak. I can barely walk or lift anything up..." Nabina trailed off slightly. 

"I've had this before but it's worse now and most likely won't be able to be removed... and if it gets any worse, which it will, I probably won't be able to speak or understand anything. I could start having seizures, personality changes, my vision could go to absolute shit... and more." Nabina said and shrugged slightly. 

"Basically, I'm sixteen years old and my life is pretty much over." Nabina said and Derek nodded slightly before walking around to the side of the bed where she was sitting. "What if I told you that I could make all of that go away? The tumor, the side effects, the symptoms... all of it. And what if all those things not only went away, but everything else got even better?" Derek asked, making Nabina stare at him for a moment. 

"How?" She asked in a slight whisper and Derek smiled at her before his eyes glowed red. 

A little while later Saanvi walked back into the room, "Okay, let's go home." She said as she grabbed the handles to a nearby wheelchair. Nabina glanced down at the ground for a moment before getting off the bed making her mother's eyes widen. "Nabina!" Saanvi said, fully expecting Nabina to fall to the ground but Nabina stood there, completely fine. 

𝐌𝐈𝐃𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐎𝐒 ➢ ɪꜱᴀᴀᴄ ʟᴀʜᴇʏजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें