chapter nine: tiamut

"He'll come for the Domo first, you know that," you said, standing next to Thena in Arishem's chamber. You'd forgotten how beautiful she looked in her armour. Fierce, a true warrior.

She smirked at you. "I know," she replied. "You need to get somewhere safe," she said, her face softening. You raised your brows at her.

"I'm not missing an opportunity to piss off Ikaris," you said jokingly, but there was no denying the nerves that raced through you. Thena pursed her lips at your attempt at lightening the mood. You laid a gentle hand on her pauldron. "Don't worry, I have an idea,"

When you said idea, you didn't actually tell Thena what you had in mind. You left her in the chamber as the Domo stopped at the sight of Emergence, flashing into existence as the invisibility shield disappeared. It wouldn't be long until Ikaris came flying at the ship—you'd leave the fighting to Thena in a heartbeat.

You made your way to the control room, passing Phastos as he steered you towards a bubbling volcano in the middle of the Pacific. You squinted at the view.

"Such a shame this is the end of the World. It'd be quite beautiful otherwise," you said. Phastos hummed at you impatiently.

"I think I preferred it when you kept your jokes to yourself," he said, stressed. You let out a huff.

"Yeah, I missed you too, Phastos," you let out, smacking him affectionately on the shoulder before you made your way out of the room.

"Where are you going?" he raised his voice at you. You waved back at him playfully.

"Don't wait for me!" you yelled back, breaking into a run towards the main entrance of the ship. As you reached it, the Domo lurched beneath your feet, which could only indicate one thing—

Ikaris was onboard. He'd probably broken straight through a wall or the roof. You stayed focused on your plan ahead, knowing that Thena would be able to defend herself more than enough against Ikaris himself.

The entrance of the ship slid open when you hovered your hand over the door; winds swept inside the corridors immediately. In the distance, heading towards the volcano, you could see the outline of Sersi, Druig and Makkari. You sent them a silent prayer, before you started your plan.

Slowly, carefully, somewhat recklessly, you rounded the doorframe and began to climb the outside of the Domo. You were aiming for the roof, but you had a lot of wall space to scale before you could make it.

You latched your fingers onto the metal exterior, breathing in and out steadily as you began the most extreme rock-climbing game you'd ever encountered. It wasn't that you were afraid of heights—you actually liked the thrill that came with them—but it was the mere thought of what would happen if you fell from this height, straight into the choppy Pacific below.

You wouldn't allow yourself to dwell on it; your plan didn't include fall into the sea and die. So you simply continued climbing, all the way round and up the Domo, until your fingers finally grabbed at the roof of the vast ship.

You laid on the roof of the ship, breathing deeply until your jelloid legs returned to normal. You smiled to yourself; you'd done the first part of your plan, at least.

The next part would, arguably, be a lot more death defying.

Hoisting yourself up, you started running the surface of the roof, fighting against the vast winds and rising smoke levels being emitted from the erupting volcano. Ash flew through the air, collecting on your armour where it slowly cooled down and flaked off to the sea below.

You didn't look back to the ground below; you didn't want to get too caught up in watching Druig attempt to put a Celestial to sleep. It would only distract you.