Chapter 3- Silverstring Academy for Enchanters and Enchantress

Elora Bates- Past

"What did he mean? When he said I had a strong connection to Eromen?" The joy and acceptance returned to my face, the man's voice from the MIC lingering in my mind. I sat down on the sling chair next to him, the chilly wind hitting my face on the balcony.

"Eromen is associated with roses" He watched me, "Rum?"

When I shook my head, he scoffed, "You're legal already". He smiled sadly, "You'll be great one day, written on the pages of history. But I won't be there." I watched him gulp down the glass without flinching, his hair flying. He sighed, "Tomorrow I'll be having dinner all alone."

"You won't be staying?" my shoulders fell.

"Of Course not." He said like it was obvious.

"Elora, I must..tell you.." His words wandered, the alcohol began to take its toll on him "when youh go to the academe, have fun...make mistakes. But one thing I would not tolerate would be you messing with two types of boys; one.." he looked at the stars in the sky, his neck muscles loose so that it just hung. "Men who are complete workaholics. Two, men who want royal jobs. Okay?" His head rolled forwards so that it now hung down, his eyes at the edge of its socket looking at me. He was drunk, I made no move to place my argument and agreed but still questioned him, "But, why?"

He sniffed twice through his red nose, suddenly looking sober. "Our world is a living place for three creatures." He raised his forefinger to the sky "One, us. We live on land.", raised his middle finger "Two, the forest, spiritual beings live there" and then raised his ring finger, "Three, the residents of the sea. Before Maldeus fell into his sleep, He challenged the Queen of the Soul forest, the most powerful being known to exist, second to Eneas; because he knew he wouldn't be able to defeat King Rayan of the sea." Slashing his hand, he continued "The Queen had his back. He stood with a legion of over 6,000 royal soldiers. The Queen stood alone with her long holy white staff; one of the triumvirate staff. She saw the men and warned 'Leave or Perish' but none of the men could leave, they were under their king's orders. So, they stood. The queen merely raised her staff and struck the ground." He paused, pained "All perished. She then vowed to him if he tried to invade her land again. He would perish by her hands."

"And your father and she were among all?"

He nodded; his eyes red but not watery. "Why didn't she kill the King?"

"Maybe as a warning," He shrugged, "the truth is I don't know. Her Majesty, Queen Frigga is said to not interfere with affairs of the living unless it puts her people in threat but months later the king went into a deep sleep."

He said rising to go to bed. "But that was after we went to the ordinary world"

I slept with these thoughts in my head and probably, so did he. The only difference was that I felt nothing because I couldn't relate to war but I'm sure, memories of the past haunt him even today.

The following morning was much different from the night, Mrs. Anderson didn't forget to fill me with hugs and kisses despite only a few days of acquaintance.

"So how do we get there?" I asked, taking gradual steps to the spenua.

"The school is located far from civilization, within the Soul Forest."

"A forest? You mean the place where there are trees and wild animals." I stopped dead, waiting for him to declare this to be a joke.

He only chuckled and said, "Well it is protected by her majesty, Queen Frigga."

"That doesn't make it any better...." I rolled my eyes.

At the spenua, Cassiden inaudibly muttered 'Silverstring station' and a swirl began to take form, the next step we took was in a gigantic station that had glass panels in place of a ceiling and the same sun above the glass roof shone its homely radiance. The tiles were brown with several benches lying in an orderly manner, The station had no means of transport, with only light laughter and distant conversation all mingling to form noise.