Chapter Twenty One

I opened the door to my hotel room, finding that it was a twin room. Setting my suitcase on one of the beds, I looked out the window finding that I had a really nice look over New Jersey. Justin was in the room next door to me. As I unzipped my case and began to throw my clothes on the bed, there was a knock on the door. When I opened it, I found Justin standing there with his suitcase and key in hand. 

"My room is occupied." He said awkwardly.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Well I was about to unlock the door when a couple came out and asked what I was doing there. I told them reception said I was in there so they have went to tell them what's happening." Just as he finished, the elevator opened.

"They've asked for you to return the key, you're actually in the room next door." The woman said, smiling.

"Oh, sorry." Justin said, as they both laughed.

"No worries." They said, as they left towards the restaurant.  

---

"I get this bed." Justin said as he flopped down on the one closest to the bathroom. 

"Cool." Since we both checked in together, the hotel assumed we would be sharing a room and because the hotel is full, they couldn't offer Justin another one. 

"What time do we have to be downstairs tomorrow?" Each day, a small bus is going to pick us up along with a few other students they invited for the tour.

"Nine, so we'll have time to have breakfast and stuff." Justin replied, as I nodded, hanging up some clothes in the wardrobe.

"I'm going to take a shower." I said as I grabbed my PJ's, heading into the bathroom. I locked the door behind me and took a quick shower, washing my hair before coming back out in my PJ's. I grabbed the TV remote and switched on the TV, noticing they had a movie channel. Jaws 4 was on, so me and Justin decided to watch that. "I'm really excited for tomorrow." I said to Justin. 

"Yeah me too." He replied. 

"We'll have to talk about accomodation and stuff won't we?" I asked him, as he nodded.

"They have some apartments not far from the hotel I think, I had a look on the website."  

"I don't want to live alone for two years." I said.

"Me neither." Justin said.

"If we shared we could split the prices and stuff. Like bills and shit." He said looking at me, plugging his iPhone onto charge.

"Yeah cool." 

"That way it's cheaper for both of us." He added as I nodded.

"I need to call my mom." Taking out my phone, I dailled my mom's number, telling her about the hotel and also about me and Justin sharing an apartment. After being on the phone for ten minutes, I hung up.

"What did your mom say?" She asked.

"She said it's cool, and that she's going to talk to your mom about it." I replied.

"I think my mom would be cool with it." Justin shrugged. "She likes you a lot." He laughed. 

"I know. My mom used to like Reece but she likes you way, way more than him." I replied, making Justin chuckle.

"Well I'm glad." Justin said.

"Me too." I replied. 

---

I was awoken by my phone beeping loudly on the bedside table. Groaning, I switched of my alarm and sat up, noticing Justin was still asleep. I threw back the covers and walked over to his bed, shaking him gently.

"Justin wake up." I said, as he groaned.

"I'm already awake." He said, turning over. I laughed and headed towards the wardrobe, picking out an outfit before walking into the bathroom and locking the door behind me. After my shower, I stepped back into the room seeing that Justin was still in bed.

"Justin get up, we'll be late." I stated as I sat down to do my hair and make-up.

"It's fine." He grumbled.

"We need to have breakfast and be there at nine. It's eight." He streched, before eventually getting ready.

"You done?" Justin asked when we were both ready. I nodded.

"Yeah." I said as I shut the room door behind us and locked it before heading downstairs. Once we got our breakfast from the buffet station, we sat down at a table near the window. There was some other kids who looked about our age. I caught eyes with one of them, smiling back as they smiled to me.

"Are you guys here for the Princeton trip?" She asked, as I nodded.

"Yeah." 

"I'm Alyssa, this is Jordan, Carter and Taylor." She said.

"I'm Justin and this is Lydia." Justin answered for me.

"Awesome, what are you guys studying?" One of the boys, Jordan I think, asked.

"I was going to study languages." I said.

"Seriously?" He asked, a smile spreading across his face. "Me too. I do French and Spanish."

"Same!" I smiled.

"What about you bro?" Carter asked.

"Business studies and stuff." Justin replied.

"Cool. Where are go guys from?" 

"LA, you?" 

"Us too." We've made friends already. We continued to talk as we ate our breakfast before getting on the coach. I ended up sitting next to Alyssa and Taylor, whilst Justin sat next to the boys.

"I'm glad we've already made friends." Taylor said.

"Me too." I replied. "Justin is the only person I know who even tried to get into here." I said.

"A lot of people from our school tried but they didn't get accepted unfortunately." Taylor replied.

"So are you and Justin dating?" Alyssa asked, wiggling her eyebrows and making me laugh.

"No we're not, we're just friends." I informed them.

"You guys seem like a cute couple." I said.

"Nah, we're just friends." I replied, and turned to look at Justin as he laughed with Carter and Jordan. I'm happy for Justin, he's finally getting along with people other than me. I'm more glad that Justin seems to have made friends than me. 

I can't wait to start at Princeton.