✩21

s um chamgo love dive

"Good morning!" Jungwon greeted Damin

"Good morning!" Jungwon greeted Damin. "Watchu doing?" he beamed, taking a seat next to her. She had decided to come early to school because she wanted to read this book about Peculiar History that she borrowed from Karina.

"Just reading," she answered, trying to ignore the swarm of butterflies that just erupted in her stomach.

"What's it about?"

Her voice turned to a whisper, " Peculiar thingy."

"Oh, can I see?" He asked and she nodded. She scooted closer to the boba-eyed boy and showed him the book.

His gaze, though, was drawn to the short-haired girl next to him. Her lips were slightly pouted, and her brows were somewhat furrowed. He couldn't help but notice how close they were at the moment. If she just turned her head, they could already—

He cleared his throat, "Can I borrow it after you're done reading it?"

The reason why he wanted to read it was because he wanted to understand more of the peculiar kind. He was still a little confused about this whole thing but he was curious to know more.

"You can just borrow it," she closed the book shut and looked at him.

She immediately regretted her decision. When she realized how close their faces were, her breath caught in her throat. She could feel his breath fanning on her skin as he gazed deeply into her eyes. She swore she saw his eyes flicker to her lips then back to her eyes and her tummy tingled with the familiar butterfly sensation.

The bell sounded, bringing the two lovebirds back to reality before they could do anything else. Jungwon averted his gaze, his cheeks flushed and tucked the book beneath his table. His hands unintentionally brushed against hers, and he noticed that it was unusually hot and so he assumed it was because the air conditioner wasn't switched on.

Before Mr. Sangwoo started teaching, his eyes darted to Damin and she swore she saw his gaze change. It reminded her of the school nurse. A shiver went down her spine when she remembered it. Something about it seemed off.

"Okay class, I received news from the school board that there will be a field trip soon," said Mr. Sangwoo. The moment he said that the whole class erupted in cheers and chatter.

"Quiet down," he continued, "We'll be going to the town museum in two weeks."

"Are you gonna go, Minie ?" Jungwon asked, earning her attention.

"Of course, you?"

"If you're going, I'm going too,"

✩✩✩

She began to feel light-headed around halfway through the school day. She assumed it was due to exhaustion, but it just became worse. Her pounding headache had gotten so awful that she could barely pay attention in class.

"Are you okay?" asked Jungwon when he noticed that she was quieter than usual.

"Yeah, just a little headache," she answered, a groan leaving her lips after when she tried to get up. If it weren't for Jungwon, she probably would have fallen to the cold ground.

"Woah," he held her, a look of worry washed over his face. "You're burning up."

His hand went up to her forehead and a soft gasp escaped his lips. She was really burning up. Damin swore she'd never seen someone look so worried because of her. She was glad that she had someone like Jungwon.

"II'm okay, don't worry," she lied but she was far from okay. She had a pounding headache, her temperature had risen up more than normal and her hands were red and felt itchy.

"Don't lie to me, Minie ," he frowned, "I don't like seeing you hurt."

He then excused himself from class to send her to the nurse's office. The nurse gave her a Paracetamol for her headache and put a wet towel over her forehead.

"Jungwon, for the 10th time, I'll be fine, you can go back to class," assured Damin. The boy had been constantly asking her if she felt any better every 2 minutes. "Don't worry about me, I 'll be fine,"

"Are you sure?" He was skeptical of leaving her here all alone. What if something happened? What if she needed to get something and no one was there for her?

"Yes, I promise, Wonie ,"

He frowned, "Fine, but I'll be back as soon as school ends."

"I'll be waiting," she gave him an assuring smile and waved at him with her swollen hand.

She got out of bed to grab some water, completely oblivious to the burn mark her hands had left on the bed. She dropped the cup before she could even drink the water. When she wanted to pick it up, the cup just simply dissolved in her hands.

Her hands became extremely heated, to the point where she went to the sink to wash them in the hopes of cooling them down. When she felt better, she let out a relieved sigh, but it only lasted a few seconds before the burning sensation returned. That's when she realized the water had just added fuel to the fire, making it worse.

Damin was sure she'd gone stark raving mad when her hands finally caught on fire. She took a few steps back, the pain in her palms so excruciating that tears streamed down her face. She began to feel light-headed, and Her eyesight began to blur. Her vision blurred as she landed with a harsh thud on the cold tiled floor.

 Her vision blurred as she landed with a harsh thud on the cold tiled floor

i have started to put up some hidden meanings to see how smart yall are