✩PROLOGUE✩

Damin's Pov

Damin's Pov

I sighed and walked over to the library. I didn't feel like eating because the situation had made me lose my appetite earlier. The pleasant AC breeze greeted me as soon as I walked in. The fragrance of books was one of my favorites.

The library looks a bit deserted but it's explainable since it's lunchtime. Only a few students were reading or doing some research on the computer. 

I checked the time and saw that I only had around 15 minutes left. It's a good way to pass the time. I headed to the farthest shelf, where fantasy novels are normally found. I scanned the hundreds of fantasy books available, unsure of which to choose.

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. That's it. I reached out to get it but a hand came out of nowhere and grabbed it before I could. I turned around to a familiar figure.

"Excuse me, I was gonna take that book," I spoke up, earning his attention.

"Oh, sorry, here." Jungwon handed me the book.

"Thanks." I gave a small smile. I was about to turn around and leave when I realized the bookcase was tilting in the direction of Jungwon more than it should, and the books were falling off the shelf. Jungwon too realized this and he flinched at the impact but it never came.

Instead, it stood there 45 degrees mid-air. My eyes widened as Jungwon gaped at what was happening right now. That wasn't the strange thing. The strangest thing about it was that the books didn't fall.

They appeared to be floating in mid-air! Jungwon and I exchanged glances to make sure we were both seeing the same thing. I felt a shiver go down my back and I could feel goosebumps.

What was the reason for this? What caused it to float? Was it possible that this library was haunted? Jungwon and I walked into class and took our seats without mentioning our prior experience.

Throughout the rest of the day, I couldn't shake off the feeling of uneasiness. How did tons of books defy Newton's Law of universal gravitation? It just didn't make sense. I tried not to overthink and quickly thought of other things instead.

 I tried not to overthink and quickly thought of other things instead