Part Two

"Hey, (Y/N)," says MJ, sliding into the seat next to you during lunch. You've been at Midtown for a while now (four torturous weeks), and your only friend is still MJ. You haven't really talked to Peter or Ned, so they don't count.

Everyone else was boring.

"Hey, Michelle."

"Did you just call me Michelle?"

"No."

She glares at you so hard you feel like your head might fall off. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry," you apologise, moving as far as you possibly can away from her. She looks ready to hit you with her book. Or slit your throat.

You weren't really sure.

"Oh, (Y/N), hi," says Peter as you shove yourself into him.

"Uh... Hi."

MJ, now fully sitting at the cafeteria table, smirks as she opens her newest book.

"I was just trying to get away from MJ," you say pointedly, as if that will take back what you called her just a minute before. She's no longer paying attention to you.

You scootch back over and start eating your candy collection of the day—this time, it's Skittles.

"Why do you always just eat candy?" asks Peter curiously. He sounds like a puppy.

"Because?" you say around a mouthful of Skittles.

Peter nods. "Sure."

You stop chewing. "What the hell."

That night is a Friday, and you and MJ had decided to have a sleepover. "MJ, I need to tell you something."

"You have a crush on Peter."

You choke. "WHAT?!" you yell at her, after clearing your airways of pizza. "Why would you think that?!"

MJ grins. "Why wouldn't I?"

"If anything, it's you who has a crush on him. You're always watching him and paying attention to his schedule!" you defend.

"You do it more," she says, shrugging. "You're totally into him. You know literally everything about his schedule."

"I do not."

"What time does he get to school, on average?"

You glare at her. "I'm not falling for that. I'm not that dumb."

MJ only shrugs again.

You start regretting ever agreeing to have a sleepover with her. "It's for a different reason."

"Which is?" MJ raises an eyebrow, smirking.

Since you can't say "I'm analysing his schedule," you shake your head and flop down onto her bed.

"Fine. Maybe I do have a crush on Peter." You hate two things about the last sentence: One, you're lying. Two, you absolutely hate Peter. "Wait. You're not going to tell him, right?" you ask worriedly. If anyone in your family heard that...

"Of course not."

You breathe out a sigh of relief. "Thank God." By now, you've forgotten what you were going to say.

The next Wednesday, she texts you, while you're trying to paint a picture of a rose. You get green paint on your phone as you pick it up. It annoys you to hell and back yet you don't do anything about it.