Ka'Diah spotted Nikki, and went over. Nikki already had the blanket spread out on the grass and everything.

Everyone greeted everyone, except Karlie who ignored the world. It was time for those headphones to go. I tapped her on the shoulder.

She looked up and removed her headphones.

"Yes Aunty Kay?" Karlie said.

"Time for the headphones to go. Hand'em over." I said.

"But why?" Karlie asked.

"Because you not finna ignore everybody this whole trip. You gonna give me the headphones, you gonna eat, you're gonna go play with your siblings and have yourself a fine time, and once it's all over I will gladly give your headphones back. So hand'em over." I said.

Karlie frowned up, and gave me her headphones.

"Umph!" she said as she angrily threw herself down on the blanket, and pouted. She folded her arms across her chest, and looked so upset.

"And that attitude is not required nor desired. You better fix yourself girl, don't get out here acting crazy! Cause I will act crazy with you. Clear it up" I said sternly. Karlie exhaled as she unfolded her arms, and fixed her face.

"Thank you." I said. See I be trying to be calm with the kids, but sometime them lil rugrats will test the fuck out of you. Sometime you had to bring out that angry Black parent, who don't take no shit from they kids. That's all they understood sometime. Give me patience Lord.

So we sat and began to eat and talk and laugh. Karlie ate her food in silence and looked disgruntle the whole time. Aside from her Charles, Karlie, and even Camden were acting so good. Charles and Ka'Diah talked with Nikki, and they were so happy to tell her about their week at school or whatever. I was really happy to see my two quietest like just blossom into this talkative social butterflies. I never thought I'd see the day to be honest. I mean it had been so long before they even attempted to speak words of any kind to me or anybody else. When Charles talked I was so happy to hear from him, and now he talked so much it was like him being silent was a lifetime ago.

And even when Ka'Diah started talking, she still didn't say much. But she had been taking her meds on the regular, and now she was blossoming just like Charles. I was super duper happy. Ka'Diah talked, and she talked very well. I was really happy that if I thought something was wrong with her, I could ask her. I didn't have to do the guessing game. I didn't have to wonder was she alright anymore. I could just ask, and if something was bothering her or whatever, she'd tell me. And just think only a few months ago, I never even really heard her voice. It was amazing, and I was so thrilled.

"Aunty Kay can we go play now?" Charles asked.

"Yeah but don't go too far, stay in sight ok." I said.

"Ok come on Karlie, let's go play." Charles said tugging at his sister's arm.

"I don't think I wanna play right now." Karlie said to her. Charles gray eyes saddened a bit.

"Please I'll let you get a head start on the jungle gym, and KD won't help me either." Charles pleaded.

Karlie looked around, and the at her brother who was begging her to play with him. If she said no, I think I might cry. Charles wasn't use to his sister treating him so coldly. Lately Karlie hadn't been the nicest of people. Every time she said no to him, his gray eyes would look like a tragedy had happened and he was heartbroken. It was so sad to see.

"Ok I'll play with you but only for a little while." Karlie said standing up.

"Yes!" Charles exclaimed. Thank God!