Chapter 35

A few days later, the weekend finally hit. The kids were excited about having this picnic in the park with Nikki. Everyone was except Karlie of course. We had already loaded up the truck, I was now headed to the park.

Christina was driving.

"Karlie?" Charles called in the backseat. Karlie was just determine to ruin the fun for everybody. All day she had been coming up with excuse after excuse as to why we couldn't go to the park today. I kept telling her, it was gonna happen rather she liked it or not. She eventually gave in. But she was doing the most. She had headphones on listening to music, attempting to ignore her brother.

Charles reached over and touched Karlie. Karlie removed her headphones, and looked at him.

"We're going to your favorite park. You know the one with the the huge jungle gym. Think you can beat me to the top this time." Charles smiled.

"Of course I can silly, I always do." Karlie said.

"Uh-huh you remember that one time I was at the top and waving at you down below." Charles said.

"Yeah cause KD helped you." Karlie said.

"You never said nobody could help." Charles said.

"It's a race, duh nobody helps you." Karlie said.

"I still won though." Charles shrugged.

"Whatever." Karlie said.

"Karlie?" Ka'Diah said turning in her seat and looking at her sister.

"Yes" Karlie answered.

"Are you excited to see mom even a little bit?" Ka'Diah said. I shook my head. Every time somebody brought up Nikki to Karlie, it was a problem. I was about to intervene but Christina motioned her hand to let it happen.

I looked at her confused.

"Just wait." Christina said.

"You ask me that question every time she comes around KD. And I always say I don't care to see her. Stop asking me the same stuff KD gosh." Karlie said highly annoyed.

"Well aren't you excited about the park?" Ka'Diah asked.

"Of course I am. I'm gonna swing, slide down the slide, swing on the swings climb all over the jungle gym, swing on the monkey bars and a whole bunch of fun stuff." Karlie smiled.

"You remember mommy could always swing higher than everybody." Ka'Diah said.

Karlie shook her head.

"Ka'Diah just stop already." Karlie said.

"What?" Ka'Diah asked.

"You know what KD. You are always talking to me about Nikki!" Karlie said getting upset.

Charles and Ka'Diah gasped so hard I thought they'd faint when Karlie called her mom by her name Nikki.

"I'm not gonna do this. Just whatever, don't talk to me. I don't wanna talk anymore or be bothered with either of you. I'm over this!" Karlie said putting her headphones back on and cutting the music up.

I shook my head, this can't last forever. We finally made it to the park. I began to unload the car after Christina parked.

Karlie still had her headphones on, and was ignoring everybody.

"Where'd your sister say she'd be?" Christina asked

"Under the big oak tree by the pond area." I said. I carried Camden, and Christina pulled the wheeled cooler.