Wow. Ouch. Immediately he slumps back on his chair. 

"I get it..." he whispers and Shownu looks at him compassionately.

"I'm sorry bro..."

"Don't be..." he says and stares at his plate. "Thanks for telling me..."

If he only knew how you're feeling right now... was it hard for you to talk to the police again? Talking to Rose and her parents about all this? Are you relieved? Are you happy? Or completely devastated and overwhelmed when you think about what will come next?

"Actually this isn't the only reason I'm here..."

Shownu's words rip him out of his thoughts and he looks at him again. "What do you mean?"

His friend smirks. "The coach tried to reach you, too. He called you a hundred times and sent messages. He feels horrible for not believing you... and he wants you back..."

What the fuck? Shownu had so much news and still sat down, eating in peace first?

"What...?" Kyun gasps and his father's eyes are ripped wide open. 

"We talked about this..." the Quarterback says. "Me and the rest of the team. And we all would get it, if you'd say no... the coach's behavior will probably have consequences. But... we need you. And we would be so happy if you'd come back and play the championship game with us tomorrow..."

Can it be that he's so lucky? Really?

That all of his worries just... evaporated because Emery was stupid enough to...?

Gulping, he looks at his parents.

"Am I allowed to?"

Both of them have huge smiles on their faces before they look at each other and back at their son.

"Of course!" they say in sync, and Kyun's heart beats a little faster again...

When Kyun crawls into bed early in the evening to be fit for tomorrow's game - even if it's in the evening - he feels better. He just knows he can convince the talent scouts tomorrow... or he hopes so at least. There's still this heavy feeling in his chest because he misses you so much. But his feelings don't matter at the moment. You must focus on this Emery thing right now. Maybe one day you can forgive him.

Still, he can't help but take his phone and send you a message.

I know I'm one of the last people you wanna hear from now. But Shownu was here tonight and he told me...
Y/n, I'm insanely proud of you. It won't make it undone but maybe now you can find your peace with it. I can't wait to watch you live a happier, more fearless life. Even if it's just from a distance.
I'm so sorry that I hurt you 💜

The next day, Kyun stands in his room, packing his bag for the match. He's nervous, he can't deny that. But at the same time, there are other, weird feelings involved he can't quite point out.

When he hears a knock on his door, he raises his head and sees his father walking in.

"Hey, son! Ready for the big game?"

Quickly, he nods.

"I know it's a lot of pressure, but don't try to think too much and focus on your passion and then things will turn out fine!" his father says and claps his shoulder before sitting on Kyun's bed. "Will y/n be there?"

Again he feels this pang in his chest. He knows his dad is just curious but... damn this hurts. 

Curtly, he shakes his head while throwing his shower stuff into his bag. "Y/n and I don't see each other anymore..."