He'll never be good enough. No matter how hard he tries...

Groaning, he shakes his head to free himself from his thoughts. The game. That's all that matters!

"Kyun? Bro!" Wonho's voice reaches him and he realizes he's been staring into the emptiness for quite some time while he sits with him and Shownu at the table in a burger bar.

"What?"

His friends exchange gazes.

"It's about y/n, isn't it?" Shownu asks and looks at him compassionately. "Did you guys break up?"

Immediately Kyun shakes his head. "No. We didn't break up. This with us is just... on hold. I have to... I need to figure out how to go on. Apparently, she's not supporting me with my dream and I need to... I don't even know..."

There's this long pause in which he stares at his plate while his friends exchange gazes.

"I don't know, man..." Wonho sighs. "I kinda get her. I mean Hayden wouldn't like it either if I were seeing the dude who hurt her this way on the regular ..."

Immediately Kyun's head shoots up to him and he sees Shownu nodding with agreement.

"You guys know?"

"Dude..." the Quarterback smacks. "We're dating her best friends... of course we know. But don't worry. We're the only ones who do..."

Kyun's thoughts are running circles in his head. How come everyone in his surroundings knew what happened to you, except for him? How could they not tell him? Again he feels the anger spreading in his gut.

"And you accept him in your damn team? How the fuck could you—"

"Chill man, okay?" Wonho groans. "Trust me, we are just as pissed as you are. We kinda accepted all this somehow but when you got injured, and Emery was so present suddenly, we tried everything to get rid of him..."

Surprised Kyun tilts his head. "How?"

Shownu and Wonho look at each other before they shrug.

"We put laxatives in his water... manipulated his gloves so he wasn't able to catch properly, didn't pass him the ball, didn't tell him about practice days so he couldn't learn the new routines... all of this was of course a joke compared to what he deserves but... we just couldn't sit back and watch..."

Wonho's hand forms into a fist and he stares at the table with a hateful gaze. Usually, he isn't like that. He's a soft, kindhearted person. Emery manages to piss even him off.

Shownu sighs. "Yeah and then the coach made it quite clear what he would do with me if I didn't stop this charade..."

Kyun had no idea what his friends went through while he was busy with studying and... well... you. He feels somewhat grateful for them, even though they are right. What they did to Emery isn't even a fraction of what he actually deserves.

Wonho shoves some food in his mouth and shrugs.

"But with you being back now, this is all past and it's only a matter of time until you have your position back. For good!"

"That isn't enough" Kyun whispers pensively while poking in his dinner. "I wanna kill him..."

He never felt so much anger, so much hate in his entire life. The fact that he is having this fight with you only triggers all this.

"Listen, Bro!" Shownu says with a full mouth. "When it comes to this, if you wanna beat the shit out of him, I won't stop you. But I need to ask you to consider it before you make a wrong move. This could cost you everything!"