Why does Hayden treat you like you might break?

"Nothing!" you sigh and shake your head. "Do you wanna talk about this entire situation here?"

He tilts his head whilst looking at you. "Situation?"

"Yeah..." you nod and walk a little closer to the side of the field. "You never missed a single extra lesson since we started. And then I find you sitting here, all gloomy ... so?"

For a long moment, he stares at you. There's a lot he wants to know from you as well but you refuse to tell him. But maybe this is what you need. Maybe he has to show what's bothering him so... you can trust him. Somehow...

"What do you want me to tell you?" he sighs, steps next to you by the field, and looks over to his teammates. "My entire life I've been raised to do this... all I wanted was to play ball. And not because my dad dragged me to it or because I was a dreamer but because this is what I really really want! And now?" he stops and glances at you for a second. "For so long I was the best... and when it really matters... when the talent scouts come... I won't be there... that's frustrating..."

"But..." you ask and he can hear in your voice that you try to be careful with your questions. "Your leg will heal. And you still can be a good player in college...?"

Scoffing, he looks back at you. "As if this is a guarantee. Not when I get into a state university whose team isn't even good enough for the College-Football-League..."

Not to mention what happens if the doctors remove the cast and tell him he's never able to play again. He's scared of that. It's unlikely. But when he thinks about his luck lately...

For a moment you both fall silent until he feels you nudging your shoulder softly against his. And again he notices that you're wearing pretty much considering the warm day.

"Then we have to work harder!" you smile and he immediately forgets his last thought and groans.

"How much harder, y/n?" he rants. "I know your solution is always studying but this is different! This isn't about learning from books or... interpreting poems... this is more. And this is everything I've ever wanted!"

He knows he sounds melodramatic here but... gosh this is frustrating.

"I'm sorry..." you say sheepishly. "I wish I had something to tell you that—"

Abruptly, you stop and gasp as a ball comes flying toward you. But before it can hit you, Kyun drops his crutch and catches the egg with one hand and almost zero effort.

Immediately his teammates on the field cheer loudly. Gosh, he missed this feeling...

"SORRY BRO, SORRY Y/N!" Wonho yells over to you.

"It's okay!" he calls back and looks down at you, so scared that this might make you freak out again. But instead, he finds you eying him in complete shock.

"What?" he asks, confused.

"The ball..." you stammer. "You just... I mean... with one hand. So easily...?"

Laughing he throws his head back. "I'm a Wide Receiver. That's my job, y/n!"

It's a little shame that you never saw him in beastmode. This wasn't even close to what he's capable of.

"Catching balls from a long distance?" you ask and he smirks. Someone's showing interest in football...

"Yes!"

"Oh..." you nod and stare into the emptiness. He doesn't know much about you but the way you bite your lip to hide that smile on your face, speaks volumes. You're impressed as fuck.