Chapter 7 - A Calm Day?

Start from the beginning

When I heard that Ayumi was murdered of course I was scared. Of course, I am still scared.

After a while of walking, I decided to go home again.

*Next day*

Shihori picked me up and we walked to the cinema. "Do you want to watch anything specific?" She asked me.
"No.. not really."

"Okay then, I know a great horror movie we can watch." She smiled.
"Wait a horror movie?" I like horror movies but we will walk home again when it's getting dark outside. And I know I will be scared in the evening.
"Could we maybe watc-."
"(Y/N)? What are you doing here?" Someone interrupted me.
I turned around to see Jun walking towards us and I greeted him. I was happy to see him but I was a bit worried because the last time he talked with Shihori they really hated each other.

"Oh, are you girls going somewhere?" He asked as he saw her.
"Why are you asking." Shihori sounded very annoyed.
Jun sighed "I'm sorry that I was so mean to you the other day. I just thought you were playing nice."
Shihori hesitated "Okay... I can't blame you. I wasn't so nice to you either so I think I can forgive you." She answered a little snooty.

I chuckled as I saw them trying to get over their little fight. It was a bit amusing to see them like this.

"If you want you can come with us to the cinema." I said to Jun.
"Hey, I didn't say that he can come with us." Shihori responded.
Jun looked a bit sad and wanted to walk away. "Hey, Jun come back. I just made a joke."
"God you are just like Kaoru." He responded and tried to sound a bit annoyed but I knew he was starting to like her a little bit more.

When we arrived at the cinema Shihori bought the tickets. Jun seemed to like horror movies so I decided to stay quiet even if it means that I get nightmares or something like that.

I sighed.
"Is everything okay? Don't you like horror movies?" Jun asked me.
"No, it's fine. It's not like I don't like them I just get easily scared that's all." I responded.

Shihori suddenly laid her arm around my waist and pulled me closer while she was holding our snacks with her other hand.
"You should have told us silly." She laughed.

I bought myself a drink and we went to our seats. The room was quite empty. There were just a few more people with us.

Jun sat down on my right and Shihori on my left.
As the lights turned off someone went in and sat down right behind us. But I didn't pay much attention to it.

The movie we watched was like every other casual horror movie. A group of friends went on a trip and because the police found a dead body and they wanted to find the murderer.
"Why are they always so stupid in these movies?" I whispered.
"It would be boring if they were clever." Shihori said quietly to me.
"No, it wouldn't." I said a bit annoyed.

But that didn't change the fact that I was still scared of the movie. I screeched a few times while watching and Jun chuckled every time as he noticed it.
"You are very easily frightened." He whispered to me.
"No... today it's just a bad day." I tried to explain.
"Yeah, just a bad day." Shihori giggled and ate her popcorn.

After the movie we decided to go to the café.
It was already 5 pm so it was getting dark outside.
We sat down and ordered some drinks.
"God, here is literally nobody." I said as I looked around. "Like in the horror movie? Are you scared?" Shihori and Jun chuckled.
"You are just too easy to frighten." Shihori went on.

"Well there is still a murderer out there somewhere..." I mumbled.
Jun and Shihori went quiet and looked at me seriously.

Jun's expression changed like he had something on his mind that terrified him.

"I...I have to go now sorry." He stood up and wanted to go.
"Hey wait!" I tried to get him to stay but he rushed out of the door.
Shihori looked confused as he walked away.
"Jun!" I stood up and wanted to follow him but Shihori grabbed my arm.
"You should let him go." She said with a calm voice. I hesitated and sat down again. "Did I say something wrong? I didn't mean to hurt him."

"It's alright. I don't think he is mad at you."
Shihori tried to comfort me.

It was weird but the moment he left the café, it felt like I would never see him again.
"But I don't want to lose another friend!" I sniffed while my eyes filled with tears.
Shihori looked at me confused. "What do you mean by that?"
'Oh no, did I say this loud?'

"It's just..." I hesitated. "You can tell me. I promise I won't tell anybody."
I sighed. "Okay, I'll trust you.

I started to tell her about the reason why me and my parents moved. I told her everything about my old friend and all those accidents. "...and my neighbor also acted weird like Jun does now and I am just really worried about him..." After I finished I felt relieved. I've never talked about it with anybody.
I was really happy that somebody was listening to me.

"I'm sorry I didn't know." She said after I told her my little story. "It's okay. I just hope that you understand me now a little bit more."
I smiled at her.

Meanwhile...

'Don't want to lose another friend?
I didn't know that it was hurting you so much.'

Mr. Ishizawa was following you the whole day now and he heard everything you said.

'But I had to kill him... He tried to tear us apart.'

He was ready to kill Jun this night but as he saw that you were still suffering from losing your neighbor he hesitated.
'My sweetheart, I don't want you to go through all of this but this scum is just getting in our way.' He sighed 'But there should be many other ways to make him stay away from you.'

After a while of thinking he got an idea. Mr. Ishizawa knew how he can manipulate people and he was going to take advantage of it. 

*Next day*

It was Monday so you had to go to school again. You stood up and looked at your phone. You wanted to text Jun because you still felt guilty but you couldn't. You noticed that he texted you a few hours ago.

He wrote: Hello (Y/N) I'm sorry but please don't speak to me ever again.

'What? Why? Is he still mad at me? But why should say this?'

You were sad but nevertheless you had to go to school. You didn't have much time left so you took your lunchbox and went to school.
'I really have to speak with Jun. He can't just leave it like this. We should talk about it. Why are boys always so annoying?'

What you didn't know just yet is that Jun's brother went missing last night. Jun also received a letter that said:

Don't even try to find your brother. When you are reading this he is already dead.

Take this as a final warning. When I see you one more time with MY (Y/N) then I won't show you any mercy.

Jun decided to not go to school this week. He was too frightened and too sorrowful.
But Mr. Ishizawa was still wary. He couldn't afford to make any mistakes. If anything happens he wouldn't hesitate to kill the boy or anybody else and Jun was aware of this.