I nodded again, he continued.

"I'm needed in the emergency room, you can stay here with Alice and Jasper while you wait for the doctor" with that he shared a brief goodbye with his children and walked out the door.

With swift movements, the duo materialized at my sides.

"Are you okay?" Alice placed a cool hand on my cheek "do you need something? Do you want water? Are you hungry?"

I grabbed her wrist and softly removed it. "Did you bring me here?" It came out broken and barely above a whisper.

"Yeah, everyone was focused on Bella and Edward, and you looked like you needed to come here so" she trailed off, taking a can of coke from Jasper and handing it to me. "Drink this, you look faint"

I did so without complaint.

It took a while until Dr. Douglas arrived, when she did, Alice and Jasper left, stating they'd be waiting at the cafeteria. A sudden heaviness settled in my chest after they left.

"Hello Eleonor, the nurses tell me you had quite a scare" she sat across from me in the other guest chair in the office, I stared out the window behind the dark wooden desk that fit the office, but felt out of place within the city lines of Forks. But I guess everything that had to do with the Cullens felt that way.

"Eleonor" she spoke softly, she was trying not to scare me i think. "Do you want to tell me what happened?" she sounded hopeful, which made sense. She always said we'd made so much progress in the last couple of months. She was happy I would answer questions outright, instead of avoiding them.

There was a moment of silence, then two. And right before she continued speaking I answered.

"I-I don't know" I was picking my nails, it hurt to do so but i couldn't find it in me to stop. "I thought I saw-Bella she-"

I continued to look out the window, there were two birds fighting on a tree branch.

"Bella is alright" She reassured "After we're done here, you can go see for yourself"

I could see the parking lot behind the tree, there weren't many cars, but I guess most people here could walk wherever they needed to go.

"I know it's hard, but I need you to try and tell me exactly what you saw," she sounded apologetic.

I could see little bits of blue in the sky behind the gray. Would it stop raining for the day?

"Eleonor" I felt her warm hand on top of mine.

I looked down, the tips of my fingers were red. My nails all but ruined. I looked at her then. Her dark features were filled with concern. Her black hair was shaved close to her head, she must've gone to the city to get her hair done. Last week her hair was styled into many long braids.

We stayed like that for a while, until I stopped shaking and the tips of my fingers stopped hurting. Once everything started to make more sense, I told her what I saw. It poured out of me so quickly, I was sure I must've said some things in Spanish . But she didn't interrupt me.

How the blood had splattered between the two cars as they pinned Bella. How her eyes looked. How I was sure I could smell the metallic scent of the blood.

Then I told her what I could remember after. How Alice and Jasper helped calm me down. How Alice yelled at some onlookers for not minding their business. That they'd brought me here, even if I couldn't remember it.

After explaining it all, I felt like I could breathe better.

"You did very well Eleonor" she said, writing something in her notebook.